PDA

View Full Version : Monster Hunter

IamTed
09-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Play Station game needs to be on Steam. Sony is done with it. It's really old. So, why not pick it up?

Peewi
09-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Monster Hunter is made and published by Capcom. It's entirely their decision.

IamTed
09-24-2009, 01:44 PM
/cry. We should bribe them. :)

Owletnight22
11-02-2011, 10:32 AM
I have this game..well I bought it twice because the first copy was scratched to hell and back anyways..

Fun game I still love it the only bad news was playstation decided to rip down the multiplayer feature on their primitive version of xbox live (no offense intended. I know that there was more versions after this original and I almost garuntee that a massive amount of this game will be purchased...for the sole reason of course that steam can stick to
A) Single Player Campaign
B) Multiplayer area for hunts and missions and trading etc...

Really! Steam! Talk to capcom!!!

Zerias
11-02-2011, 10:46 AM
/cry. We should bribe them. :)

More like shoot them.

Capcom doesn't know how to approach PC development. Like many other commercial vendors they are caught up in a narrow definition of what "PC Gaming" is.

Not too surprisingly many of Capcom's Windows-Client games turn out to be utter junk. Case in point being Resident Evil 4... which completely lacked the ability to use a mouse: http://www.videogamer.com/pc/resident_evil_4/review.html

Then there was Bionic Commando... which reused the Xbox 360 controller artwork for every single prompt in the Windows-Client.

Then there's the matter of the malicious software such as ZDPP and junk software such as Games for Windows Live.

Honestly, I don't want Capcom touching PC development because, quite frankly, Capcom simply has no idea what they are doing... a bit like the user interface design team for Windows 8... or the Gnome Human Interface Design team... take your pick.

There also is another factor at hand specifically to Monster Hunter. Capcom doesn't believe the game will sell in the US markets. Capcom's basis for this belief is the poor sales of Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii. Now yes, Monster Hunter Tri was a damn good game. It just didn't sell, and both Capcom and Nintendo spent a bundle on promoting the game.

carryall
11-03-2011, 03:22 AM
Play Station game needs to be on Steam. Sony is done with it. It's really old. So, why not pick it up?

They should entice Sony to take part in Steam. Play station games would be a very nice addition on Steam.

A beautiful and bountiful relationship might begin.

Peewi
11-03-2011, 03:41 AM
Not too surprisingly many of Capcom's Windows-Client games turn out to be utter junk. Case in point being Resident Evil 4... which completely lacked the ability to use a mouse: http://www.videogamer.com/pc/resident_evil_4/review.html

Then there was Bionic Commando... which reused the Xbox 360 controller artwork for every single prompt in the Windows-Client.

Those are poor examples for Capcom PC version quality. Resident Evil 4 PC was handled by Ubisoft and I'm fairly sure Bionic Commando was all Grin.

The PC versions actually made by Capcom, such as Devil May Cry 4, Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5, are really good. Only problem is that they don't get the same post-release support as the console versions. See RE5 DLC not being available for PC and Super Street Fighter IV not being on PC until Arcade Edition.

Zerias
11-03-2011, 09:14 AM
They should entice Sony to take part in Steam. Play station games would be a very nice addition on Steam.

A beautiful and bountiful relationship might begin.

I've been poking Sony and Valve to consider a partnership on Android platforms. E.G. here's a couple of questions I poked Sony with after they bought out Ericson's stake in their phones (http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/27/sony-buys-out-ericssons-stake-in-joint-venture-assumes-ownersh/).

Sony Corp. seems to be a little bit more open to third party partnerships these days than it was in the past. Will the inclusion of Steamworks in the Playstation 3 toolkits translate into Steamworks inclusion for Playstation Suite?

Have Sony and Valve discussed the possibilities of a longer term integration for various platforms? While there are no doubt some conflicts of interest on platforms such as the Playstation 3, Playstation Vita, and Playstation 4; integrating Steam with the Playstation Suite on Android/Linux, Chromium/Linux, and GNU/Linux platforms would likely help both Sony and Valve draw attention to those platforms as viable choices for gamers. Such a positioning may also help Sony Corp. make up for the foot-shooting sustained by removing GNU/Linux from the Playstation 3 console.

SCEA has so far declined to respond.

Those are poor examples for Capcom PC version quality. Resident Evil 4 PC was handled by Ubisoft and I'm fairly sure Bionic Commando was all Grin.

The PC versions actually made by Capcom, such as Devil May Cry 4, Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5, are really good. Only problem is that they don't get the same post-release support as the console versions. See RE5 DLC not being available for PC and Super Street Fighter IV not being on PC until Arcade Edition.

I'll have to take your word for those games not begin junk, but the lack of post-release support still underlines my position that Capcom doesn't know what they are doing.