PDA

View Full Version : Wishlists on Steam

bobofthedead
09-26-2009, 10:23 AM
It occurred to me it would be really useful if you could attached a wish list function to your Steam account, like those you can find on Amazon.

This would allow you to build up a list of games you're interested in following the prices of, as well as somewhere your steam friends could monitor any games they might like to gift to you. I know I've used the gift function for birthday and Christmas presents before, with those people I don't see that often.

If this also be given a function where you could gift a game to someone, to be made available to them on a set date - like a birthday or Christmas. Doing this would remove it from their wish list, preventing it being gifted to them twice.

I'll admit this idea is pretty self-serving - there's a game that's just come out that I'm interested in, but not at it's current price. My memory can be shocking, so I maintain wish lists in places like Amazon mainly to keep track of things I want, so I can check in and see if they're at a price I want.

Anyone agree? Disagree? I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions.

(Apologies if this has been posted before - I did use the search function but I couldn't see that it had been posted before.)

DeathRay2K
09-26-2009, 02:10 PM
This has been suggested countless times, for years and years, but it still hasn't happened... Don't hold your breath.

bobofthedead
09-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Noted! Thanks for letting me know.