PDA

View Full Version : [Dev] Show what class a TF2 achievement belongs to?

Pc_Madness
09-27-2009, 03:35 AM
Hey Valve, is there any chance of getting the class that a TF2 achievement belongs to added to the XML feed (http://steamcommunity.com/id/pcmadness/stats/TF2?xml=1)? It looks like you might have it available as you have drop downs to filter them by class in the Steam Community, but perhaps your using the same code to generate all of the achievement feeds, in which case, doesn't matter. Just hoping to avoid having to keep track of the achievements locally. :)

Just the class name or all if it doesn't apply to any one in particular I guess. :)

Cheers!

timgames
09-27-2009, 04:18 AM
Even if you didn't click the "More Detail" you already have it loaded on the page... so I think no, there isn't a specific class xml.

Pc_Madness
09-27-2009, 05:18 AM
Even if you didn't click the "More Detail" you already have it loaded on the page... so I think no, there isn't a specific class xml.

Err, this is about getting which class an achievement belongs to added to the TF2 Stats XML feed. :\

timgames
09-27-2009, 06:39 AM
Oh sorry I didn't read right.
yea it would be nice if they did it like this: <achievement closed="1" classname="engineer"> or something in that way...

Pc_Madness
09-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Jeff S? Any chance? :D

Mangr0v3
10-01-2009, 12:21 AM
That would be nice, means you dont need to update a parser at every class update.

Fuzz Bucket
10-01-2009, 05:23 AM
Just make yourself a reference array, or something.

Pc_Madness
10-01-2009, 05:38 AM
Just make yourself a reference array, or something.

Yeah, thats my fall back, but it means you have to update it every time, and its a lot of data to store. May as well do it right the first time. :)

timgames
10-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Yeah, thats my fall back, but it means you have to update it every time, and its a lot of data to store. May as well do it right the first time. :)

Want me to help you? :cool:

Peewi
10-02-2009, 02:29 AM
It'd also be nice to have the class in the descriptions. If you're looking at the full unfiltered achievement list and don't already know it, there's no way to know that A Year to Remember is Scout specific.