PDA

View Full Version : 'Download stopping...' bug?

.Leo.
09-29-2009, 02:59 PM
In a few words, every time I'm downloading something and pause it, then try to join a multiplayer match, the download resumes on its own :confused:

I've had this issue for quite some time, I just wouldn't be allowed to play some games while a download is paused, the only way being waiting for it to finish, or uninstall the game that's being updated..

In this case, I'm downloading Left 4 Dead's last update.. I'd pause it, make sure it says "download stopped", open TF2, join a server, experience some ping issues, then check back (alt+tab) at the steam main window, the "stopped" download would change its state to "stopping".. I'd need to resume it, and pause it again. That fixes it for a moment, until the server changes maps and I'd need to alt+tab again...

I'm not looking for "run the game in a window" responses, but rather some kind of real solution to it.. Thank you.:)

EDIT: I've read this article (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6966-IADH-1503), but that's not my issue, since I can resume my download without any problem