PDA

View Full Version : The Defribillater (IS) in VS!!!!!

that1reindeer
10-14-2009, 11:33 AM
people are saying i hope its not in versus and things like that but if you would just read a little bit before you post you would have seen that there is a acheivments for using this in VS!

HEARTWARMER 20
In a Versus round, leave the saferoom to defibrillate a dead teammate

Acheivment list is here

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/left-4-dead-2/achievements/

rpalace
10-14-2009, 12:27 PM
You are correct. I didn't ever doubt that it would be in VS but that's confirmation I guess.

Defibrillator. Say it with me.

"Clear!"

thecreepout
10-14-2009, 05:44 PM
I don't mind personally 'cause I have read the achievement list but could you perhaps not post spoilers IN THE HEADING?

Wylde483
10-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Keithustus is gonna be pissed. Hell, I dont care about this stuff half as much as he does and IM pissed!

that1reindeer
10-15-2009, 04:25 PM
I don't mind personally 'cause I have read the achievement list but could you perhaps not post spoilers IN THE HEADING?

spoiler??? i didnt announce anything that hasnt been posted in the forum or by valve themselves. people were wondering and i anwsered...thats not a spoiler

Wylde483
10-15-2009, 04:29 PM
spoiler??? i didnt announce anything that hasnt been posted in the forum or by valve themselves. people were wondering and i anwsered...thats not a spoiler

Some people (at this point, nobody) dont want to hear new info to keep the suprise.

You dont know how bad I wanted to type this post in broken english, my sarcasm is becoming an addiction.

E0GH4N
10-15-2009, 10:49 PM
Oh dear god.
I swear. This defribilator is going to be ridiculously overpowered and unfair for the infected. Reviving a dead teammate will likely get you an extra multiplier. If you let one of your team die, then you DESERVE less of a multiplier. Not a bloody chance to pick him up and pretend everything is gonna be ok.
Who's idea was it to put this in versus anyway?

Keithustus
10-15-2009, 10:59 PM
The whining newbs.

Let's just hope Valve hasn't run off the deep end, and actually makes it exceptionally challenging in some way. Like the guy comes back b&w with 25 or less health, and using it takes 10 seconds of holding the trigger, etc.

E0GH4N
10-15-2009, 11:04 PM
The whining newbs.

Let's just hope Valve hasn't run off the deep end, and actually makes it exceptionally challenging in some way. Like the guy comes back b&w with 25 or less health, and using it takes 10 seconds of holding the trigger, etc.

There's a little thing called medipacks.
Infected normally have a half-minute respawn timer. Lets not forget that boomers and smokers have huge recharge times and hunters are often dead at the end of ambushes. More than enough time to revive and heal.

I am not a newb. My concerns are still legit.

Keithustus
10-15-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm agreeing with you. The whining newbs are why it was put in, because the game <cry!> was too hard for them. "What, I can only die once per map?"

E0GH4N
10-15-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm agreeing with you. The whining newbs are why it was put in, because the game <cry!> was too hard for them. "What, I can only die once per map?"

Oh right sorry. I thought you were calling me a whining newb. Lol.
But I agree now.
I hope this item is as common as a Tank in DT1. (AKA Barely ever.)

spikeyroxas
10-16-2009, 01:05 AM
all i hear from alot of people from the forums.
ahem
WAAAAAAA IM AFRAID TO TRY SOMETHING NEW! WAAAAAAAAAA

srsly stfu and let valve make the game.
theres new SI now that can pin survivors so it balances out.
and a pitter can keep people out of an area (a dead survivor)
THINK - PLAY - COMMENT

E0GH4N
10-16-2009, 09:44 AM
I'm fine with the defrib in campaign, but in Versus;
You manage to slay a survivor outside the saferoom.
They are now down to 3x score multiplier.
But what's this? Oh look!
They magically revived him! Now they have 4x!
An extra 300 or so to their score. That could be gamebreaking.
And none of the new infected consume the corpse of the survivor, and the Jockey can only KILL black and white ones. The corpse is still there for saving. And the Spitter goo will dissappear in 10 seconds anyway. 10 seconds is not a long time, especially when infected have 30 sec respawn time.

Please, PLEASE think before you chastise 'whiners' spikey.

ForbidAn
10-16-2009, 11:51 AM

nnnooo....I think they put it in because it'd be more fun to play through a whole map instead of cutting off at the half way mark.

You turn everything into a noob wanting it to be easier...did you ever think it'd just be more fun?

spikeyroxas
10-16-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm fine with the defrib in campaign, but in Versus;
You manage to slay a survivor outside the saferoom.
They are now down to 3x score multiplier.
But what's this? Oh look!
They magically revived him! Now they have 4x!
An extra 300 or so to their score. That could be gamebreaking.
And none of the new infected consume the corpse of the survivor, and the Jockey can only KILL black and white ones. The corpse is still there for saving. And the Spitter goo will dissappear in 10 seconds anyway. 10 seconds is not a long time, especially when infected have 30 sec respawn time.

Please, PLEASE think before you chastise 'whiners' spikey.

im not getting into a pointless argument.
but it isnt game breaking at all. besides i never said whiners :P
xD im just refering to many people in the PC forum, (not so many) in this forum and the L4D2 forum.

Keithustus
10-16-2009, 07:17 PM
nnnooo....I think they put it in because it'd be more fun to play through a whole map instead of cutting off at the half way mark.

You turn everything into a noob wanting it to be easier...did you ever think it'd just be more fun?

Winning is fun. Having a good team is fun. Being killed because your teammates don't save you in time is not supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be motivation.

ForbidAn
10-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Winning is fun. Having a good team is fun. Being killed because your teammates don't save you in time is not supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be motivation.

-sigh-...At least have a open mind about it. I hate games where I can only die once per round, but I like L4D because dying is only likely to happen in the most dire of mishaps. Just look at it as a medpack that can only be used at certain points. Then it's a lot simpler and not that big of a deal.

Laurence CP
10-17-2009, 05:10 AM
Are you guys silly?

Survivor multiplier: x4
Defibrillator penalty: x1

Simple enough, is it not?

Xezium
10-17-2009, 01:07 PM
STUPID ♥♥♥♥ING IDEA.

I'm sorry. It's bad.

It's really bad.

A survivor gets crushed to dust by a charger, and you can just go over with a nice device and bring him back to life 15 minutes later?

Jesus Christ.

thecreepout
10-17-2009, 07:40 PM
STUPID ♥♥♥♥ING IDEA.

I'm sorry. It's bad.

It's really bad.

A survivor gets crushed to dust by a charger, and you can just go over with a nice device and bring him back to life 15 minutes later?

Jesus Christ.

I doubt it'd be 15 minutes. More likely that you have to get to them in a certain time frame, much like reviving an incapped team mate. And much like reviving I imagine there is a period of "charging" in which you make yourself vunerable.

Personally I think it's a little to soon to be passing judgements. Has anyone here actually play tested the game? Maybe the difib is being used to balance the three new SI?

Let's wait and see yes?

E0GH4N
10-17-2009, 11:18 PM
STUPID ♥♥♥♥ING IDEA.

I'm sorry. It's bad.

It's really bad.

Jesus Christ.

QFFT.
The new weapons are balancing the new SI. Incendriary ammo, explosive rounds, etc.
I concede, this could be slightly balanced in if the survivor was ALWAYS black and white, even if he was healed, after he is revived. But I would still prefer it not to be in the game. It would kill Versus mode -.- A successful ambush could become useless as they'll just bring him back to life and heal him.

The situation in the achievement would be an example of OPness (is that a word?)
The defrib (if in game) should have to be found in two seperate items and use the exposives spot as well as the medpack spot. After all, it needs a power pack, no? And a large metal box would not be light.

ESG Griefer
10-18-2009, 09:48 AM
You know, there is going to be a thing called "realism mode".
I can assume that after 30 seconds (or so) of the person being killed cannot be revived after 30 seconds.
I mean, people don't go around (in real life) and just revive dead people with an electric blast.