PDA

View Full Version : The 'Ask about the demo' thread.

The Charger
10-27-2009, 06:26 AM
This is NOT teasing, but I would like everybody to have the same opportunities and knowledge.

--
If you don't want the demo spoiled, don't read on!
--

Right, so anybody can ask any question about the game in general or what the demo contains exclusively and I (or anybody else) will do my best to answer them.

Go!

rpalace
10-27-2009, 06:26 AM
Is there something tracking stats?

The Charger
10-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Is there something tracking stats?

Sadly not, at least in the demo, something I would LOVE to have seen.

But that is a 360 exclusive question, which, can we avoid? this was for PC players primarily

dingodk12
10-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Is there versus/scavenge in demo?

rpalace
10-27-2009, 06:30 AM
Sadly not, at least in the demo, something I would LOVE to have seen.

But that is a 360 exclusive question, which, can we avoid? this was for PC players primarily

Well you're in the 360 forum. Clearly this thread has been moved.

Keithustus
10-27-2009, 07:06 AM
Is there versus/scavenge in demo?

Only the first two maps of campaign mode, and no Realism, comprise the Demo.

dingodk12
10-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Only the first two maps of campaign mode, and no Realism, comprise the Demo.

Dammit :*(...

Keanna
10-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Has anyone gotten to use the baseball bat yet?

peteypiranha128
10-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Any sign of any other female SI or just boomers?

Keithustus
10-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Spitter.

Haha, slap me for that.

tad604
10-27-2009, 10:04 AM
I dunno the smokers look like they have pony tails to me. Maybe they're supposed to be female?

I'm probably wrong though. Since everyone else sees it as tentacles.

BoViking
10-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Any sign of any other female SI or just boomers?

I've only found female boomers and spitters(and witches obviously).

Also, there's only campaign and single player mode. No realism, survival, versus or scavenge mode is available.

I've also only found 4/10 of the melee weapons. That's The frying pan, the guitar, machete and the nightstick.

I can tell you, the melee weapons might be different, and that means on how good they are. The guitar is the best of the bunch, and the nightstick would be the worst. Why? It's all about cleaving baby, and the nightstick barely hits 1 infected at a time.

I've also not found any different ammo or grenade launcher, however I have seen the defibrillator and all firearms.
The difib works like this:
When someone dies, their body lies on the ground and if you have a defib ready, you can walk up to them and use it. It'll take about 3-4 seconds to use, and when used, it's gone.
The ressed player gets up with 50hp and can pick up the weapons that he or she dropped. Pretty simple if you ask me, though considering it takes up the medpack, I can't make up my mind which of them is the most effective. I mostly pick the defib just because it's new.

Also, the boomer bile bomb takes up the grenade slot and it kinda works like jarate from TF2. You throw it at just about anything, SI, witches, tanks and even common infected and all infected will start chasing it. It's fun to throw at a horde and then having all of them start pummeling each other.
You can also throw it into a corner or anywhere and they'll start going there.

That pretty much answers most questions. Expert is really hard, I assure you.

LiarCake
10-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Has anyone waited 10-15 seconds after a player died before they tried to use the defibrillator?

Is there a strict amount of time a dead player can be revived in, or can you leave the area they died and come back and revive them? Because that would be lame.

EinsamFechter 1
10-27-2009, 10:26 AM
actually they did not put the newer assault or hunting rifle in the demo. they do have the newer looking machine gun, shottie, and auto shottie. I personally wanted to try the new rifle since it seems to have a better firing rate, but the demo let me down on that. I have seen all the special infected at least once. bile bomb is fun.

tad604
10-27-2009, 10:56 AM
actually they did not put the newer assault or hunting rifle in the demo. they do have the newer looking machine gun, shottie, and auto shottie. I personally wanted to try the new rifle since it seems to have a better firing rate, but the demo let me down on that. I have seen all the special infected at least once. bile bomb is fun.

The AK47 is in the demo. Not sure if that's what you mean by the new assault rifle.

E0GH4N
10-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Expert is really easy and the Jockey and the Spitter... Were they meant to be problematic?

Wahey
10-27-2009, 11:10 AM
My friend found the 'nade launcher.
And the demo keeps going on about the upgrades, so i guess they're in the game.

Wahey
10-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Expert is really easy and the Jockey and the Spitter... Were they meant to be problematic?

I found that...
Single play expert is alot easier than multiplayer...
Single player is alot less fun than in l4d1.
At least it'll be easy to get the expert acheivements. :3

mike90t09
10-27-2009, 12:25 PM
I was wondering about what time zone the players on 360 are in because they are already playing the demo. I am in the Eastern time zone GMT, -5. I did in fact pre order, but my Gamestop says they still dont have the cards. I am very happy people are not confused because I still am.

Here4Left4Dead
10-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Has anyone waited 10-15 seconds after a player died before they tried to use the defibrillator?

Is there a strict amount of time a dead player can be revived in, or can you leave the area they died and come back and revive them? Because that would be lame.

Actually, my brother and I joined an online game in which I joined as a dead player. He found a defibrilator and revived me, it was cool. While holding it, it shows a red outline on dead players and then the dead player is risen and sight is sharpened (like after pills or adrenaline) and they take like 2 seconds to settle and finally be able to move again.

I didnt find any survivor closets so defibrilator probably takes place of this.

dogbeatsjuggalo
10-27-2009, 06:26 PM
There are still hero closets, second level by the maze is a bathroom they spawn there, and wandering witch is brutal. The smoker works like this there is a giant boil under his neck that the tongue comes out of and wraps around the neck to flap behind him (almost looks like the boils covered his mouth completely), also the spitter is completely boneless, killed her and was able to move her body around with the ease of a gumby doll. There is a jukebox in the first level that plays full songs that you can change the songs (bad part it calls the hoard) threw a moli at the tank and then the bile bomb funnier than ♥♥♥♥ he died quickly, couldn't move etc. Pipe bombs as seen send bodies flying, also moli's burn brighter, higher, and longer. Survivor and Enemy A.I. is a lot smarter. Survivor's take adrenaline and pills, they shoot si's with breeze, the enemy smoker smoke's from rooftops, hedge ledges, etc

rocker25
10-27-2009, 06:33 PM

I'm sure they'll tweak 'em before release.

xRedd13
10-27-2009, 06:34 PM
My friend found the 'nade launcher.
And the demo keeps going on about the upgrades, so i guess they're in the game.

Are you sure they found it? And do you know where? Because I've been looking for the grenade launcher and incendiary ammo, and after my umpteenth playthrough, I have yet to find either.

Manken0708
10-27-2009, 06:50 PM
It looks to me from videos people have posted that gibbing has either been mostly removed or at least very reduced in gory-ness. Is it still in the game like they showed back at E3, or has the whole Australia thing caused them to reduce the gore elsewhere as well?

BR5555
10-27-2009, 06:53 PM

I agree that expert was too easy, and that the Jockey was laughable at best but the Spitter wasn't entirely bad. She seemed to inflict at least some damage on us every time, though I feel she dies too quickly. Then again, now that I think about it she probably should, much like the Boomer.

The problem with Expert is that it's exactly the same as L4D1. So why is this a problem? Because this is L4D2. The survivors have much much much more methods of staying alive now. They can even revive a dead teammate, for crying out loud. Plus, melee weapons seem overpowered. The machete can cut through a horde no problem, as long as someone is watching your back. I used it to get to the alarm and it was incredibly simple.

BR5555
10-27-2009, 06:55 PM
It looks to me from videos people have posted that gibbing has either been mostly removed or at least very reduced in gory-ness. Is it still in the game like they showed back at E3, or has the whole Australia thing caused them to reduce the gore elsewhere as well?

It's hard to say because I didn't watch many videos, and I don't remember exactly how gory they were, but there is definitely more in this than in L4D1. Chopping through hordes with the machete causes limbs to go flying and guts to fall out, heads to fall off, and it covers your screen in blood. I've seen stomachs on zombies been blown open, too.

Are you sure they found it? And do you know where? Because I've been looking for the grenade launcher and incendiary ammo, and after my umpteenth playthrough, I have yet to find either.

I haven't found them either. Either they're:

1. Not in the demo and he's lying.
2. Very rare, which they should be.

Hopefully it's number 2.

xRedd13
10-27-2009, 06:58 PM

To me it felt like I was playing the E3 demo. I think there was probably more gore than what I saw at E3. But there is an option under Video/Audio that allows you to set the amount of gore to either high or low.

ESG Griefer
10-27-2009, 06:58 PM
*cries because my Gamestop dosen't have the cards*