PDA

View Full Version : A possible defib. glitch...

peteypiranha128
10-27-2009, 11:31 AM
I've got a question.

Okay, so the Defib. raises fallen players if you can get ot their corpse within like 30 seconds.

Now what if they happen to die right next to a closet, and then they appear in need of rescue in the closet.

If the survivors use the Defib. on their corpse and then they are rescued from the closet at the same time, wouldnt that cause some sort of problem?

I'm guessing they wont appear in closets until after the possible resurrection time has passed.

God I hate the defib.... or closets... leave one in, but take out the other.
We dont need TWO ways to bring back dead survivors :\

Aelok
10-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Indeed, defib is unnecessary easy mode.

Whatnow88
10-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Remember that survivors don't just appear in the nearest closest instantly there is a wait period. The defib works before the player appears in a closet. The ideal situation being that if a single player is left alive after a tank they can revive another player this is particularly usefull when the next closet is a ways off. Also if memory serves the defib takes the spot of a med-kit so players will have to choose which they want and I don't image you'll be tripping over them. It's really a balance for the supposed increase in difficulty. Wait to play the full game and then I think this can be discussed.

BenzoMay
10-27-2009, 11:53 AM
I've got a question.

Okay, so the Defib. raises fallen players if you can get ot their corpse within like 30 seconds.

Now what if they happen to die right next to a closet, and then they appear in need of rescue in the closet.

If the survivors use the Defib. on their corpse and then they are rescued from the closet at the same time, wouldnt that cause some sort of problem?

I'm guessing they wont appear in closets until after the possible resurrection time has passed.

God I hate the defib.... or closets... leave one in, but take out the other.
We dont need TWO ways to bring back dead survivors :\

It takes 45 seconds before a survivor can be revived from a closet, IIRC, therefor no possible error.

tad604
10-27-2009, 12:14 PM
I think realism mode will do away with survivor closets... and you'll need the defib.

LiarCake
10-27-2009, 12:15 PM
If there wasn't something like forty seconds you have to wait before a survivor spawns in the closet, yeah, that would probably make a cloning machine of some sort.

The real fun will start if the ability to see your corpse AFTER you spawn still exists and if there is no time limit for using the defib.

"Hey, guys, check out my corpse!"

ZAP.

[The clone of the survivor attaches to the other Galaga style]

dripdropstopdip
10-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Realism mode in a zombie game, nice.

Alaron
10-27-2009, 02:01 PM
I was just playing and no this cannot happen.
In the game I just played, Ellis died right outside the bathroooms in the park. I was busy dealing with the horde so I could not defib. him. Once the horde was gone I went over to where his body was, but it wasn't there anymore. He had spawned in the closet. So I guess that as soon as a survivor spawns in the closet, their body dissappears

nygamer28
10-27-2009, 02:05 PM
It takes 45 seconds before a survivor can be revived from a closet, IIRC, therefor no possible error.

hes rite,you have a limited amount of time that you can revive a teamate