Steam Users' Forums

Steam Users' Forums (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/index.php)
-   Flight Control HD (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1032)
-   -   New Snowball Achievement (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2299700)

Mytharox 12-18-2011 07:06 AM

New Snowball Achievement

Thanks devs for joining in the the Christmas fun.

For those who are wondering what the achievement is and where to get it:

Snowball
Land 5 helicopters in a row on the Windy airfield

[url]http://wonders.mine.nu/astats/Steam_Achievement_Info.php?AchievementID=16&AppID=62000[/url]

There is a Windsock in the center of this 3 star difficulty airfield. (It's the 3th from last.)

Getting it done is rather easy, just let all helicopters fly circles till you have 5, while landing all regular planes. And then let your 5 helicopters land in a row while letting any planes still in the air fly circles.

Scorcher24 12-18-2011 09:12 AM

Yeah, did it in like 5 minutes, including downloadtime lol.
Back to 100% :p.

theOtherGuy 12-18-2011 09:29 PM

Why do I get the feeling like there's going to be a Winter themed achievement hunt?

Thorghan 12-19-2011 04:25 AM

[QUOTE=theOtherGuy;27055859]Why do I get the feeling like there's going to be a Winter themed achievement hunt?[/QUOTE]
Because it's logical. :cool:

NovaStalker 12-25-2011 04:04 PM

This is a massive pain in the [color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color]. I keep failing at 3 helicopters. They just don't spawn.

MaverickTG 12-30-2011 12:18 PM

Quick question. This is my first time going for an achievement for this holiday sale. When you try & land the helicopters, do you have to start Steam ONLINE and then do the accomplishments? or can you do the accomplishments offline and then log onto steam?

Sir_Pete 12-30-2011 12:37 PM

[QUOTE=MaverickTG;27889814]Quick question. This is my first time going for an achievement for this holiday sale. When you try & land the helicopters, do you have to start Steam ONLINE and then do the accomplishments? or can you do the accomplishments offline and then log onto steam?[/QUOTE]

If you want achievement you have to be logged unforunatelly in Steam. Because, you know, those achievemnts are from Steam.

MaverickTG 12-30-2011 12:49 PM

[QUOTE=Sir_Pete;27891983]If you want achievement you have to be logged unforunatelly in Steam. Because, you know, those achievemnts are from Steam.[/QUOTE]

OK, thanks for the response - I suspected as much. I wasn't sure if Flight Control HD saved some sort of a file locally on the PC or not.

I just don't like logging into Steam online because a couple of times earlier this year, some of my games somehow became "corrupt". No matter what I did, the games would not start - kept getting error message (something about xxx game is not available right now). As soon I used the verify cache tool in Steam, it "updated" itself and then the game became playable once again. Ever once then, I've learned my lesson. The only time I bother going online is to download new purchases.

Scorcher24 12-30-2011 12:51 PM

Game not available mostly means that there was an update you did not download yet.
There is nothing evil with that.

iviv 12-30-2011 01:10 PM

[QUOTE=MaverickTG;27893300]OK, thanks for the response - I suspected as much. I wasn't sure if Flight Control HD saved some sort of a file locally on the PC or not.

I just don't like logging into Steam online because a couple of times earlier this year, some of my games somehow became "corrupt". No matter what I did, the games would not start - kept getting error message (something about xxx game is not available right now). As soon I used the verify cache tool in Steam, it "updated" itself and then the game became playable once again. Ever once then, I've learned my lesson. The only time I bother going online is to download new purchases.[/QUOTE]

If files on your PC are somehow corrupting, I'd be buying a new hard drive tbh.

MaverickTG 12-30-2011 01:32 PM

[QUOTE=Scorcher24;27893455]Game not available mostly means that there was an update you did not download yet.
There is nothing evil with that.[/QUOTE]

Well that would be the logical reason but the thing is that I have the automatic update feature turned off on all my games.

Scorcher24 12-30-2011 01:33 PM

That does not mean you don't need to update. Only that it is not done automatically.

MaverickTG 12-30-2011 01:34 PM

[QUOTE=NovaStalker;27430604]This is a massive pain in the I keep failing at 3 helicopters. They just don't spawn.[/QUOTE]

Keep those helicopters circling in a very tight circle near the landing pad. As soon as you get 5 of them on the screen, land them quickly one right after the other. If an airplane tries to land before one of the helicopters, divert it or have it circle until all 5 land. I just did it 15 minutes - took a few tries but it is not difficult.

MaverickTG 12-30-2011 01:37 PM

[QUOTE=Scorcher24;27897759]That does not mean you don't need to update. Only that it is not done automatically.[/QUOTE]

Well obviously yes! I know that. I was replying to your comment saying that it wasn't quite done downloading an update. It's not POSSIBLE. The only time I go online is when I make a new purchase.

ch4ch4 01-01-2012 12:36 AM

[QUOTE=MaverickTG;27898161]Well obviously yes! I know that. I was replying to your comment saying that it wasn't quite done downloading an update. It's not POSSIBLE. The only time I go online is when I make a new purchase.[/QUOTE]

Don;t you need to be online to get achievements?