View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #223
fabrock

Okay one of the most annoying parts of this game for me is accidentally equipping alcohol and medkits and then using them by mistake. The delay between simply picking up and auto-equipping an item when tapping/holding the 'F' key is way too short. So I just figured out how to make the delay between picking up and auto-equipping longer.

If you don't want to tinker with the game files yourself, just download this (http://www.mediafire.com/?kg8z76t9j8leczm) and extract it into your My Documents\DeadIsland\out\ directory. However this will undo all your custom key bindings and you will have to redo them.

If you feel up to tinkering yourself, here is a tutorial:
Open Data0.pak in Steam\steamapps\common\dead island\DI dir with winrar (or any other archive program). In the root dir of Data0.pak find inputs.scr and inputs_def.scr, copy them both to your My Documents\DeadIsland\out\Data folder. Create the Data folder if it does not already exist.

Then open inputs.scr in a text editor and find:

DefineActionExt(_ACTION_SWAP_TRIGGER, EInputTarget_PLAYER, EInputDevice_KEYBOARD, false, EKey__F, false, true, false, 0.5, 0.5, 0.1);

Modify the third value to:

DefineActionExt(_ACTION_SWAP_TRIGGER, EInputTarget_PLAYER, EInputDevice_KEYBOARD, false, EKey__F, false, true, false, 0.5, 0.5, 1.2);

Or whatever delay you want.

Note: The input_def.scr needs to be copied over as well, or the game will never remember any custom keybindings. With the inputs_def.scr copied over any custom keybindings will stick, even after you quit the game.

Last edited by fabrock: 09-09-2011 at 12:45 AM.