View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #134
crunchyfrog555

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimperial View Post
Yeah, feel free to make further unfounded claims. I'd like to see how you escalate when after politely asking for an escalation, you are told that they don't have managers and will not help you with this issue further, and start ignoring any further (polite) tickets that you submit. Good luck trying to get Gaben to reply to your email, too, and with your snailmail letters.

p.s: I'm well aware of what escalate means, but all you are doing is saying "this is possible", when in practice everyone has had the opposite result. I guess it's also possible that Gaben will gift you 10 games if you ask politely. But it's not going to happen.
Make no mistake I'm not making unfounded claims. I can only assume you don't have experience with making complaints and enquiries with companies.

I do have considerable experience (which I won't go into here, but if you want to find out what I do, please take a few minutes to read my post history), and you CAN get the responses you wish, dependent on how you word them, AND how you address them.

There are certain ways in which a senior person HAS to respond to them, which again I could go into here, but as I don't have the time at the moment, I won't.

I can't speak for your own troubles, of course, but I know personally that Gabe Newell DOES answer his mail; I've seen it first-hand. If I had to make a pure guess (which I'm loathe to do), I'd say it's more likely a failure on your part, or they ARE still looking into your issue.

All I can say is that I never leave a query unresolved, even if it takes a couple of attempts.

Last edited by crunchyfrog555: 02-23-2012 at 03:32 PM.