Steam Client Beta Available
There's a new Steam Beta client available. To access the Beta, go to File -> Settings. On the Account tab press the Change... button to open the Beta Participation dialog. Then Select "Steam Beta Update", and allow Steam to restart itself. Here are the specific changes:
- Display certificate status when viewing secure web content (thanks to Paul Mutton).
- Updated web engine to newer version of Chromium Embedded Framework.
- Fixed game properties dialog cutting off tabs for some games.
- Fixed hardware survey not prompting for new Steam installs.
- Limit tooltip height for workshop files.
- Addressed file upload errors related to uploading mods via Skyrim's Creation kit.
- Added filter for friends list.
- Added session playtime and total playtime to the overlay.
- Added ability to set homepage for overlay web browser via settings dialog.
- Fixed arrow keys and home/end not changing the scrollbar in the html control when pressed.
- Fixed crash when pinging servers.
- Added support for Unicode entry to the new friends filter.
- Fixed regression showing tooltips/hover state when the mouse is over a Steam window but occluded by another applications window.
- Fixed regression disabling font smoothing in web views in prior beta update.
- Improved product key activation process in case CD-key was previously registered.
- Fixed client hang when launching games or starting/pausing game downloads.
- Added support for "about:blank" for the Overlay Web Browser home page.
- Fixed the Web Browser button in the overlay sometimes not bringing up a new browser.
- Fixed cases where "Error 16" would be displayed when downloading some Skyrim Workshop files
- Enabled limited html5 video and audio support in the web control.
- Fixed tooltips on Web pages sometimes displaying incorrectly.
- Fixed "Web Browser" button in the overlay not always working.
- Fixed crash loading "All Games" page in web control.
- Fixed jumps when scrolling using arrow keys in the web control.
- Fixed crash when using cut and paste in the web control after changing the logged in user