View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interative
Welcome to the Tripwire Interactive Steam Forums Section

Welcome to the Steam forums section. This section is for the discussion of all things related to Tripwire Interactive (although we do have separate sections for discussions on particular games).

Just a brief introduction of myself - my name is John Gibson and I am the President and co-founder of Tripwire Interactive. I was one of the original members of the Red Orchestra mod team, before we became Tripwire. Before I was President of Tripwire I had various jobs including professional musician and manufacturing engineer at GE (yeah I know, how did those two fit together). I also worked on the original America's Army: Special Forces. Anyway, enough about me.

Tripwire Interactive was founded in 2005 from the core members of the Red Orchestra mod team. Winning the Nvidia $1,000,000 Make Something Unreal contest really helped us get our start (and no, we didn't get $1m dollars). But what we did get is engine licenses for UE2.5 and UE3.

As you probably know, our first retail game was Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, an eastern front WWII multiplayer FPS. This was released in early 2006 to critical and fan acclaim, and has gone on to sell around 400,000 copies (and still selling).

The newest game we're working on is called Killing Floor, and it is a COOP survival horror game. As of this posting, it isn't released yet, but as the Steam store says its "coming soon, very soon." This game like RO got its start as a mod, and we're happy to be working with the original mod team to bring a commercial version of this game. We're having a lot of fun with it around the TWI offices, and we hope you all will too.

Finally, we've got another game in the works as well that will be using Unreal Engine 3. There is not a whole lot I can say about it at this point, but stay tuned for more info soon

www.RedOrchestraGame.com