Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

Old 12-03-2009, 11:11 PM   #1
nightside187

Weird Vanguard is FREE ?

I dont understand why steam is still selling this game , the game is free u can download it on the vanguard official site and get 14 day trial , if u like the game u just have subs and the full game will start downloading .

I would understand a hard copy too still be selled for the people who have limited download but digital ddownload here for 19.99 and free download on vanguard website dont make any sense .

In fact i made some research on the game retailer and the game is discontinued .
Old 12-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
yharrothar

Downloading a trial for an MMO usually means you are limited by level, and play time. The purchase on Steam is the full version, and has time included. Also, Steam manages the download so that's nice.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
nightside187

Quote:
Originally Posted by yharrothar View Post
Downloading a trial for an MMO usually means you are limited by level, and play time. The purchase on Steam is the full version, and has time included. Also, Steam manages the download so that's nice.

U dont seem to have read my post well its not hard u download the trial like i did u start on a small island for the free trial and cant leave it and u cant go past lvl 10 , but neer your name "in game" u got a "buy vanguard" key which lead u too the subs page once u took subscription the FULL game is downloading so u dont have too pay for it and station.com manages download also .
nightside187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #4
crusnak

MMO games purchased from Steam come with a free 30 day subscription.
crusnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:36 AM   #5
Dwapook

But it costs $5 more than a subscription.. You just have to download the trial, and then you can sub to the game with no further purchase..
Dwapook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:52 PM   #6
Trashcantoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwapook View Post
But it costs $5 more than a subscription.. You just have to download the trial, and then you can sub to the game with no further purchase..
But the point of this thread was that you are claiming the game should be offered free. the extra 5 bucks is for using the steam download/patch servers
Trashcantoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #7
Jito463

I don't think everything happened the way you seem to remember it. If the game were free, why would there be a button to "Buy Vanguard" on the SOE site? Unless you got some special deal from SOE at the time.

http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/index.vm

https://account.station.sony.com/aut...n?gameCode=VGD

*EDIT*
Just saw the original post date on this thread.

/facepalm for helping to necro a thread
Jito463 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Vanguard: Saga of Heroes