Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Old 01-25-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
Neal Kenneth

"Better Late Than Never"?

Valve's latest promise to the Xbox TF2 community was that we "would definitely be hearing news before the end of [2009]."

This time quota has passed, but it is usual for Valve to be a little late. My question is: are they taunting us?

The title of the latest blog post is Better Late Than Never. Before that it was Yo, A Little Help Here?

Stop (accidentally?) salting our wounds, Valve.

---------

I know that this is the PC forums, but I don't care. Valve actually pays attention here. I will take any punishment that the moderators feel necessary (not like I have a choice or anything, I just want you guys to get an idea of my level of dedication).

More importantly, I am here to have the support of you, the PC player. Why? Valve reads this forum, but it responds to mass movements in the community to an even greater degree, and more specifically, the PC community.

We are no longer pursuing a "free" update.

We are no longer pursuing new weapons, animations, voice lines or anything that would dramatically hinder the RAM limitation of the XBox.

We are only asking for balance fixes (such as the the airblast) and the option to buy new maps.

Our limited requests are possible through Microsoft's current system.

And all we want to know is if the update is still coming. We won't be angry anymore if the answer is "no." The only thing that angers us now is your silence, Valve.

Please help, PC users. You can do amazing things. 11,000 entries in a poster contest proves that. Fan-made video series prove that. Custom maps and hats and skins prove that. Competitive teams playing over 2 years after release prove that.

You are so strong, PC community, and we are asking you, please, do whatever is in your power to help the players on the XBox 360.

Or, degenarate into a mindless flame war, which is what usually happens when someone dares to mention the "XBox." It is your choice.

Last edited by Neal Kenneth: 01-26-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
Rotten.

The last line sums up everything nicely.
Rotten. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
Starry-Night

Maybe you should just get the game on PC. It's much better, and it's only 20 dollars, or you can get it with the Orange Box.
Starry-Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
crunk0395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry-Night View Post
Maybe you should just get the game on PC. It's much better, and it's only 20 dollars, or you can get it with the Orange Box.
I have it. I want the Xbox update.
crunk0395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
WittingSpy

Some of us can't afford parts for our computers nuff said.
WittingSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #6
quaternio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry-Night View Post
Or $1020, depending on whether you already have a decent PC, and which one you choose to buy if you don't.
quaternio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #7
Wylde483

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaternio View Post
Or $1020, depending on whether you already have a decent PC, and which one you choose to buy if you don't.
The $1000 is worth it just for what you can do with a good comp. Not sure about TF2 specifically though because I dont have the PC version
Wylde483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:47 PM   #8
Neal Kenneth

I am actually getting it on the PC tomorrow. I just don't feel like abandoning the XBox players yet. It's my duty.
Neal Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #9
Getsuga Tensho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Kenneth View Post
I am actually getting it on the PC tomorrow. I just don't feel like abandoning the XBox players yet. It's my duty.
Used to do the same until Valve decided to release 3 updates at roughly the sametime a few months ago.
The first one removed the ability change the game enough to keep it fresh and fun and decided to introduce cheats: the class restrictions that can be changed any time which most hosts exploit to ruin and win games.

The further two updates actually introduced glitches and bugs and made the game a pain to play.

To be perfectly honest Valve really should just give up on the current version of TF2 for the 360 and either leave it at that or make a new version that actually works.

You really should stick with PC anyway, there's an active community and the games isn't dead here.
The only thing the Xbox version has going for it is that it looks a bit nicer, the hud is better(I know I can just type hud_fastswitch 2 but I just mean in general) and dustbowl stage 3 on the 360 doesn't have that annoying staircase.

Back to what I was saying about releasing a new version of it:

Instead of having it disk based they could just put it into the Games On Demand service they have on the 360 going now and just play TF2 from the HDD.

Anyway, it's a little late for the updates now isn't it? It's dead on the 360, almost all of the community have moved on to other things or come over to PC.
Getsuga Tensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:19 PM   #10
snowmonky

Quote:
Sounds very cultish. You can use your ed controllers on the PC too.

Edit: I'm not putting the Xbox 360 down since there are tons of Xbox-exclusive games that are worth mentioning particularly those in the Xbox Live Arcade. However, the FPS works best on the PC (both mouse and controller or anything really).

Last edited by snowmonky: 01-25-2010 at 07:33 PM.
snowmonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:28 PM   #11
chrishansen

Quote:
This is exactly why you are not getting an update on the Xbox. I did the same thing. Apparently Valve can make more money by not releasing an update so we play it on the pc. ( wich is way better anyway )
Old 01-26-2010, 12:31 AM   #12
sole21000

Quote:
*single tear rolls down cheek*

I salute you (and +rep). Signing for this worthy cause.
sole21000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #13
Blackops

You could always send an email to one of the developers.

What a lot of people will probably say too. Be patient.
Blackops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:55 PM   #14
Zechnophobe

Considering that PC gamers have had to watch as the main stream of games has started to point very fixedly towards the console market, it really isn't any surprise they have little to no sympathy for console players not getting first rate attention. Do you have any idea how sick we are of playing PC games that feel like ty console ports?
Zechnophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:01 PM   #15
TheDean01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Considering that PC gamers have had to watch as the main stream of games has started to point very fixedly towards the console market, it really isn't any surprise they have little to no sympathy for console players not getting first rate attention. Do you have any idea how sick we are of playing PC games that feel like ty console ports?
I wish I could rep you twice. Consoles are slowly destroying gaming.
TheDean01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box