Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Silent Hunter series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
bloodypalace
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Reputation: 367
Posts: 4,807
Arrow Stop complaining about the new drm

I'll take everything back. It was fine the first few days but now it's just a pain in the butt. Can't play the game now...



Last edited by bloodypalace: 03-09-2010 at 01:02 AM.
bloodypalace is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
DarthWolf
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 43
Posts: 496
No! Because this new DRM SUX!
END.
DarthWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
Shadow_Man_PW
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Reputation: 19
Posts: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthWolf View Post
No! Because this new DRM SUX!
END.
Evidence? You may not like it, but can you prove it sucks?
Shadow_Man_PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
KaOTiK
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Reputation: 8
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Man_PW View Post
Evidence? You may not like it, but can you prove it sucks?
Ask any of our gamer friends in the armed forces, I'm sure they will tell you it sucks since they are lucky to have a internet connection at all, let alone a reliable one while being deployed.

Fact of the matter is, internet connections still aren't very reliable or even exist in some parts of the US alone. Supporting this DRM is just going to make it to where every other publisher starts to use their own version of it.

From my own stance, it sucks cause I game a lot on my laptop in areas that don't have a internet connection. At home, my connection is ok, goes out once or twice a day for seconds up to 30 seconds, but when I game on my laptop I have single player games on there since obviously I wont have access to internet.
KaOTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
egmccann
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Man_PW View Post
Evidence? You may not like it, but can you prove it sucks?
Go look at their forums. Note that, when their servers are down, you can't play or save a single player game.

That, to me, defines "Sucks." I expect that with an MMO - after all, the content is online, and they're designed to be multiplayer only. For a single player game, with no reason to *be* online? Yes, it sucks.

I expect not to be able to play a single player game if something's wrong with my computer. I play them when I don't want to be online, when my 'net access is down (because, well, that happens) or unavailable (say, on a laptop.) I don't expect to be unable to play it because there's no internet access, or because the company's servers are having issues or what have you.

The pirates don't care. As a paying customer, I shouldn't be the one being punished. Steam, IMHO, has it right.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #6
bloodypalace
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Reputation: 367
Posts: 4,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthWolf View Post
No! Because this new DRM SUX!
END.
Care to elaborate? If nobody told me it was there, i would have never known about it.
bloodypalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:27 PM   #7
DarthWolf
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 43
Posts: 496
Long story short. My brother can't play it. He is big fan of it. If I was denied to play my favourite game -> rage.
Pirates aren't buying games, they will be able to play this game - my brother not.

UBI is cutting branch on which is siting - this isn't stupid?
Not mentioning that they can ban you from SINGLE PLAYER game. I don't care what would be reason because it is wide field for mistakes and abuse. If this way of thinking like ubi do get through then I see future gaming in grim.

You will start screaming when something go wrong, but by that time it will be to late for all of us.
DarthWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #8
Thrasymachus42
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Reputation: 0
Posts: 33
Simple logic:

A: I play on a laptop on the bus.

B: Ubisoft products will never run on the bus.

ERGO: Ubisoft loses my business.

QED.
Thrasymachus42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #9
Mr.Ceefus
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Reputation: 1735
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodypalace View Post
Tweakguides has written an article about ubisoft's new drm and according to him you won't even notice the drm and it's kind of beneficial actually as it automatically stores your save games and settings (just like steam cloud). The only disadvantage of it is being required to have a constant connection to internet and if you have a reliable connection then you shouldn't have a problem.

Here's the article.

Also, ubisoft "would consider" an offline mode for their drm once it's cracked.


There are a lot of internet gurus out there but this guy (Tweakguides.com) is gurus' guru and he knows what he's talking about.

And after playing the game for a few hours i have to say that the new drm isn't actually as bad as they make it to be...
what about all the people who keep getting the disconnect screen that are online and never went offline?
Mr.Ceefus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:41 AM   #10
Flu
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
You're kidding me right? Have you even bought the game? You won't even NOTICE the DRM?

Umm, lets see, it takes me 5 minutes to even LAUNCH the damn game in the first place, I'd say that's pretty damn noticeable.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:56 AM   #11
Draken
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Reputation: 5
Posts: 11
Ahh i can beat that. Nubs really.

I can't even play anymore because it's stuck at syncing the damn saves!

Ohh i need to relax - RELAX damn it!
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #12
TomJeffJones
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Reputation: 3
Posts: 58
Quote:
Tweakguides has written an article about ubisoft's new drm and according to him you won't even notice the drm and it's kind of beneficial actually as it automatically stores your save games and settings (just like steam cloud). The only disadvantage of it is being required to have a constant connection to internet and if you have a reliable connection then you shouldn't have a problem.
My hard drive 'automatically' stores my save games and settings too.

Perhaps I'm one of the few people that doesn't travel around hopping onto those random, gaming-quality PC's which are lying around the environment (I am always tripping over them, such a pain) and thus I cannot benefit from having my save games and settings stored on a ubisoft server.
TomJeffJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:20 AM   #13
Baldman
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
I don't see the problem either. I run it fine and I agree with you when you say that had it not been mentioned you wouldn't notice it.

Most of the people complaining about it are the ones saying they refuse to buy the game because of it so have no real experience with it.

As for the argument about not being able to play while away from the internet, who cares? The silent hunter franchise isnt the kind of game you fire up unless you have a bit of time to dedicate to gaming anyway, its not the kind of game you fire up for 20 minutes on a little bus ride.

If you don't like it, dont buy it. You know its there and how it works, it was listed clearly and gives you the choice.

Fairly safe to say it will be removed a little later down the road. Time has shown that games will ease up on their protection as we get further and further from initial release.

The thing about these forums is that you only really hear from the very vocal minorty. Myself and everyone else I know who bought the game (9 of us)have no issues with the DRM, no issues with graphics and no issues with any other of the gamebreaking bugs people whine about here. For every one person here complaining, there are 10 more who run the game just fine with zero issues.

If you're one of the few who do hit a hurdle, be patient and give it a few damn weeks from release for the team to find and fix the problems. Nature of the beast with PC gaming, no game can be tested with the almost unlimited possibilities when it comes to hardware/software combinations.

Basically, if you disagree with the DRM system and you bought the game after it was clearly listed on the purchase page, thats your own silly fault. If you're having game issues when it comes to bugs etc. then have a little patience and give the devs time to identify and patch them up and go play something else for a while.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:57 AM   #14
piman
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
I don't see the problem either. I run it fine and I agree with you when you say that had it not been mentioned you wouldn't notice it.

HAHA it opens a window that says do not close. I'm pretty sure EVERYone would notice that.

Quote:
Most of the people complaining about it are the ones saying they refuse to buy the game because of it so have no real experience with it.
See my post about not syncing saves. It's been less than a week and I already have problems with it. As of right now I can't save games

Quote:
As for the argument about not being able to play while away from the internet, who cares? The silent hunter franchise isnt the kind of game you fire up unless you have a bit of time to dedicate to gaming anyway, its not the kind of game you fire up for 20 minutes on a little bus ride.
I like how you decide how and when others should play. How about a nice plane ride th t last 3 hours or more? is that enough time or am I not suppose to play there either because you don't think I should.

Quote:

If you don't like it, dont buy it. You know its there and how it works, it was listed clearly and gives you the choice.
If you consider fine print clear good for you. MANY will not know about it until it is too late.

Quote:
Fairly safe to say it will be removed a little later down the road. Time has shown that games will ease up on their protection as we get further and further from initial release.
The thing about these forums is that you only really hear from the very vocal minorty. Myself and everyone else I know who bought the game (9 of us)have no issues with the DRM, no issues with graphics and no issues with any other of the gamebreaking bugs people whine about here. For every one person here complaining, there are 10 more who run the game just fine with zero issues.
[/QUOTE]

No issues with glaring bugs DRM and basically any of the known issue with the games?? Wow hows you job at Ubisoft going? My god you're the perfect sucker for companies that put out bad DRM and budggy as hell games. Congraulations! Your a mark.

[/QUOTE]

Basically, if you disagree with the DRM system and you bought the game after it was clearly listed on the purchase page, thats your own silly fault. If you're having game issues when it comes to bugs etc. then have a little patience and give the devs time to identify and patch them up and go play something else for a while.[/QUOTE]

How about we start requesting game companies put out a complete product. This one as so many glaring bugs It's at best a beta.
Or maybe we can pay for it in stages. Like we'll startr at 5.00 bucks and everytime he fix something I'll send them another dollar.

My god man you're dense.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #15
trinsic1
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Reputation: 27
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
I don't see the problem either. I run it fine and I agree with you when you say that had it not been mentioned you wouldn't notice it.

Most of the people complaining about it are the ones saying they refuse to buy the game because of it so have no real experience with it.

As for the argument about not being able to play while away from the internet, who cares? The silent hunter franchise isnt the kind of game you fire up unless you have a bit of time to dedicate to gaming anyway, its not the kind of game you fire up for 20 minutes on a little bus ride.

If you don't like it, dont buy it. You know its there and how it works, it was listed clearly and gives you the choice.

Fairly safe to say it will be removed a little later down the road. Time has shown that games will ease up on their protection as we get further and further from initial release.

The thing about these forums is that you only really hear from the very vocal minorty. Myself and everyone else I know who bought the game (9 of us)have no issues with the DRM, no issues with graphics and no issues with any other of the gamebreaking bugs people whine about here. For every one person here complaining, there are 10 more who run the game just fine with zero issues.

If you're one of the few who do hit a hurdle, be patient and give it a few damn weeks from release for the team to find and fix the problems. Nature of the beast with PC gaming, no game can be tested with the almost unlimited possibilities when it comes to hardware/software combinations.

Basically, if you disagree with the DRM system and you bought the game after it was clearly listed on the purchase page, thats your own silly fault. If you're having game issues when it comes to bugs etc. then have a little patience and give the devs time to identify and patch them up and go play something else for a while.
Its basically on principal that people shouldn't be this game, but you are stupid enough to do it so you can expect the DRM to get worse as time goes by. DRM always effects the minority, but that doesnt make it any less important. This country suffers from too many people that dont have values, and thats why this is the worst country to live in right now.
trinsic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Silent Hunter series


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.