Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Project: Snowblind

Old 03-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
Pacer Dawn

Nice shooter marred by bugs and lack of good save mechanism

The game barely starts, and when it does, it could crash at any given moment.

But the worst part is you can't save anywhere, there are no checkpoints, and the save spots are few and VERY far between -- expect to go 30-40 minutes without seeing one, and also expect to be constantly running back to the last one over and over before you round the next corner.

I can't recommend this game I'm afraid unless you like buggy frustrating pain.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:08 AM   #2
emnii

I'm not sure you and I are playing the same game.

I've never had a problem with bugs in this game. I owned the DVD copy before I owned it on Steam and I could count the number of times it has crashed on one hand and I've played through the entire game three times. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 64bit, I have never had a problem with this game crashing.

If you are going 30 - 40 minutes without finding a save point, you're doing something wrong. If it takes you longer than 15 minutes to get to the next level, you're doing something wrong. This game is rather forgiving.

Granted, there is are no checkpoints and there is no quicksave. So when you turn on the waypoint beacon, it also puts a big icon on your screen of where the nearest savepoint is. It's the closest thing you can get to a big neon sign and a map.

On top of all that, there's an item in the game called the nanoboost, that essentially gives you an extra life. It's a boat anchor shaped thing, with one side painted glowing blue and the other side painted glowing red. If you die and you have a nanoboost, you can press the SHIFT key and you will come back to life! There are probably one or two nanoboosts in every level and I've never died without one.

So if you ask me, I would recommend this game for some cheap, action thrills!
emnii is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Project: Snowblind