Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Metro 2033

Old 03-17-2010, 07:01 AM   #1
ficki ficki

Difficulty and AI

I just found 2 videos on gametrailers, which seemed really odd because they didn't at all represent what I experienced so far:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ai...tro-2033/63219
After this one I thought, you could probably make such a video for every shooter out there, so... no biggie

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/st...tro-2033/63225
This one just baffled me... I'm only just after Dead City, so iirc I only had like one human encounter so far, which I tried several times because I wanted to really try out my stealth options and of course I failed 2-3 times by stepping on glass, missing with the throwing knife or dead body being found...

I suppose these videos were made by someone who played on Easy for a review and that the AI might be dumbed down on easier difficulties.

The AI is by no means great or even mentionable but these videos seem to give a really bad reputation to the game. Those people on the comment section are kinda sad and funny at the same time...

I think the game is quite challenging, which is a rather rare thing these days.

(Minor spoilers ahead)
Who else is ashamed to admit that he got totally ripped off by that hooker, just because he wanted to see some digital boobage?

Last edited by ficki ficki: 03-17-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
QuickCon

I've been playing on hard (or as game devs like to call it nowadays, hardcore) and really the only problem is mutants that swarm you. Human firefights are quite realistic imo, majority of it is hiding in cover, reloading, and peeping out for shots. They will flank you at times I've noticed, too. And yeah I got mugged too, I've been poor the entire game now haha.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:11 AM   #3
BionicAir

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficki ficki View Post
(Minor spoilers ahead)
Who else is ashamed to admit that he got totally ripped off by that hooker, just because he wanted to see some digital boobage?
guilty
BionicAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
motiv-8

Quote:
AHA! I knew it! Good thing I told her to off.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
Kilolas

Lol, yea she got me too but I was like " this" and luckily my checkpoint was from before I gave her money.
Kilolas is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Metro 2033