Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 03-18-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
majorpayne

Banned
patch killed 40mm

Ive seen many people say that hit recognition went even worse after patch.

And to the folks that hate 40mm its christmas come early, in my case most my nades do not clip with any object since the patch, they just travel through buildings, floor, even at 20m range, i dont get it. Its not like they've nerf'd it more like they dont exist.

75% of the time its though they don't exist.

Anyone else getting worse results after patch.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
analytical

Banned
The game overall seems more sluggish since the patch, dunno if it's just me though.
analytical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
LoGiTIC

I could only wish something would stop blind nades, but I think analytical is correct. Everything seemed sluggish earlier when I was playing. Will test is more in an hour when I get off work.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #4
BrianHanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorpayne View Post
Ive seen many people say that hit recognition went even worse after patch.

And to the folks that hate 40mm its christmas come early, in my case most my nades do not clip with any object since the patch, they just travel through buildings, floor, even at 20m range, i dont get it. Its not like they've nerf'd it more like they dont exist.

75% of the time its though they don't exist.

Anyone else getting worse results after patch.
weapons were not changed, you are just bad.
BrianHanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
majorpayne

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHanna View Post
weapons were not changed, you are just bad.
yeah thanks for the positive input, but it think i can tell the difference between a 40mm hitting a bulding and going straight through it numpty.
majorpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #6
BrianHanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorpayne View Post
yeah thanks for the positive input, but it think i can tell the difference between a 40mm hitting a bulding and going straight through it numpty.
ugh, i hate the crap people come up with after a patch is released.

They didn't change weapons, maybe you missed the damn building.

jesus christ.
BrianHanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:31 PM   #7
bes

I think hit detection has changed for the worst.. nailed a bunch of people in a cluster with a nade launcher and only 2 of them died and it looked like it landed to the left of them even though I aimed in the middle of them and they never moved..
bes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:32 PM   #8
The Comfy Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bes View Post
I think hit detection has changed for the worst.. nailed a bunch of people in a cluster with a nade launcher and only 2 of them died and it looked like it landed to the left of them even though I aimed in the middle of them and they never moved..
that's because grenade launchers aren't pin point accurate. Unless you're crouching and 'zoomed in' then they will not hit exactly where you point.
The Comfy Chair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #9
Kreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHanna View Post

jesus christ.
Dude, please go into a game now. Get your noob tube kit. Play. Put an ammo box next to you. Shoot the noob tube and see what it does at close range now. Obviously it doesnt do anything at all. That, dear sir, was not happening before the patch where you could noob tube not only the enemy who was 10 inches in front of you but in the same process yourself as well to earn an epic fail congratulatory message. It aint happening any more. So they must have CHANGED THE WEAPONS. How on earth do you miss a building with a noob tube standing in front of it?
Old 03-19-2010, 11:00 AM   #10
Boogeyman-TPF-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreider View Post
...Shoot the noob tube and see what it does at close range now. Obviously it doesnt do anything at all. That, dear sir, was not happening before the patch where you could noob tube not only the enemy who was 10 inches in front of you but in the same process yourself as well to earn an epic fail congratulatory message...
Well then, it's definitely more realistic now. In RL you can't detonate a 40mm nade at 10 inches.

And LOL @ this:
Quote:

jesus christ.
Boogeyman-TPF- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #11
mltdwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreider View Post
Dude, please go into a game now. Get your noob tube kit. Play. Put an ammo box next to you. Shoot the noob tube and see what it does at close range now. Obviously it doesnt do anything at all. That, dear sir, was not happening before the patch where you could noob tube not only the enemy who was 10 inches in front of you but in the same process yourself as well to earn an epic fail congratulatory message. It aint happening any more. So they must have CHANGED THE WEAPONS. How on earth do you miss a building with a noob tube standing in front of it?
No they didn't, weapon changes are server side NOT client side. Evident by today's server patch which lists:

"Improved Hit Detection"

So most likely yesterday was just an off day for you as that is controlled server side.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #12
The Comfy Chair

everything seemed more responsive to me lol, then my internet noticed i wasn't lagging for once and died, propelling me back into the laggy state i've been playing for since the game came out still, i've managed a 2+ k/d ratio and i've unlocked pretty much everything, so i'm not doing bad when the internet is sorted out it'll be awesome!
The Comfy Chair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #13
The SUPAH Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Comfy Chair View Post
everything seemed more responsive to me lol, then my internet noticed i wasn't lagging for once and died, propelling me back into the laggy state i've been playing for since the game came out still, i've managed a 2+ k/d ratio and i've unlocked pretty much everything, so i'm not doing bad when the internet is sorted out it'll be awesome!
How nice of the internet
my internet stopped working for 2 weeks just the day that i bought a game requiring internet activation
Lucky me.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #14
Razoride

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SUPAH Chair View Post
How nice of the internet
my internet stopped working for 2 weeks just the day that i bought a game requiring internet activation
Lucky me.
Wow, sounds like it's time to look into another ISP.
Razoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:01 PM   #15
KissYourKiller

I have not been able to play longer than 40 minutes since the patch came out. The game freezes up and I have to use the task manage to exit out of it and restart. I'm not going to "just suck it up" either,(I mean I will, because I want to play the game, but this is rediculous) as it was better before the patch. DICE needs to know about the terrible job they did. I'm not bad mouthing the game either, I'm bad mouthing their attempt to improve it.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series