Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Beat Hazard

Old 04-15-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
Starg

Cold Beam Games
Cool Hi from the Developer

Hi all,

I'm ShadowRage aka Starg aka Steve! I hope you like the game and thanks to all the support you guys have given us!

I can see already there are a few teething problems. I just wanted to say I'm going to be supporting this game as best I can.

If you've got any suggestions / problems just let me know and I'll try and sort them out.

In the mean time, thanks again and have a happy time blasting to you fav music!!!

Cheers,
Steve
Old 04-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
Berzeger_

Hi Steve, I have bought the game an hour ago and I must say I'm pretty amazed, very nice piece of work! Just a quick question - do you plan adding more mods, achievements and other features?
Berzeger_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
Starg

Cold Beam Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzeger_ View Post
Hi Steve, I have bought the game an hour ago and I must say I'm pretty amazed, very nice piece of work! Just a quick question - do you plan adding more mods, achievements and other features?
Thanks! Yeah - I deffo want to add more stuff to the game. Firstly I want to sort out any bugs though.

Also, I'll see what sort of stuff players want to see and take it from there. (So fire me a mail or bang a post here if you've got any ideas)
Cheers,
Steve
Starg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
teknotronic

Nice to see an active dev.

I saw your game (and the other game that goes along with it) back on the xbox indie section a while back, good stuff.

I think for the PC port some of the things you will want to add;

Support for more than just mp3, which I assume is just due to it being an xbox title first. PC users have a wide variety of filetypes for their music. Now I wouldn't expect to see FLAC support as the file sizes are way too large, but ogg support and the like should be pretty easy.

It also seems like some issues are popping up due to not just audio files being in the browse directories, throwing the app for a loop. Also probably another thing caused (or not thought about) by being a 360 title. If you could program it to just ignore any files other than supported files that might do the trick.

Controller support for more than just the 360 controller.

I will add more as I think of them, all in all though good job and congrats on porting your title to Steam! I hope it treats you well :-)
teknotronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:10 PM   #5
thelolotov

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknotronic View Post
Controller support for more than just the 360 controller.
Yes please, there was no pc demo for this game, so I went and tried it on my Xbox 360, not even halfway through the first song I was sold, but when I got it on the pc I realized this played a bit better with a controller (and I only have wireless xbox 360 controllers) I do however, have a perfectly good pc gamepad, so please do consider it.
thelolotov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:51 PM   #6
Aitkenj

Hi steve enjoying the game its brilliant I will be certanily getting a lot more than £5.25 worth out of this.

Nice to see your laying the cards on the table and aiming to be an active dev around here. Now im off to play several albums back to back till the early hours
Aitkenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:00 PM   #7
KyrenCross

OMG I was surprised when I bought this game, Its like having a New Years Eve party in my room ^_^ .

I just hate the constant crashing to desktop, So sometimes I just sit there with my favorite tunes and enjoying the Light show like an amazing Screen Saver >_O.

Is there a slight delay while turning or is it just me? overall I love the game and I can see myself playing everyday just to chill.
KyrenCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #8
Berzeger_

Also, support of Last.fm would be nice
Berzeger_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:13 PM   #9
Anasazi

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzeger_ View Post
Also, support of Last.fm would be nice
I definitely support this, but first it would be necessary to get the game to recognize accented characters and foreign alphabets in song titles/artist names.

Every other song I play has an umlaut in the artist name or the info's in Cyrillic... so it wouldn't Scrobble right to last.fm.

Other than this, I'm lovin' the game a lot.
Anasazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #10
Princeps32

I'd say the main things are some random stability issues, and the interface for picking out music. Looking at Audiosurf's music sorting system, it allows you to skip easier to different folders. I'm sure something similar can be implemented with time. Honestly sometimes the visuals get in the way of actually completing a level, since I can't see projectiles for all the lights, but that might just be me sucking.

Overall, it's a fun game that is perfect for 10 minute breaks, and it's awesome that you got it on steam. Good luck!
Old 04-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #11
Me2nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princeps32 View Post
Honestly sometimes the visuals get in the way of actually completing a level, since I can't see projectiles for all the lights, but that might just be me sucking.
Ugh, that's EXACTLY what got me killed FOUR seconds before my longest song ended.

Regardless, I've been thoroughly enjoying this game and am proud to have spend my money on it (so far).
Me2nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:09 PM   #12
WaZzUp115

For future features I'd love to see local coop play!
WaZzUp115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #13
Chixdiggit

Bought this on 360 a while back and loved it.

Any improvements on the PC version? I'm really tempted to double dip on this.

Also how long will the sale last for?
Chixdiggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:18 PM   #14
Starg

Cold Beam Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaZzUp115 View Post
Noted - Shouldn't be too hard to put back in from the XNA version. I don't know why I took it out now! Doh
Cheers,
Steve
Starg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #15
kcmartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaZzUp115 View Post
LAN? Yeah i'd like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithiumfiend View Post
Love the game, thanks for the new addiction. Anyway we could get Pandora support. I tried adding it to the radio.txt file to no avail.

Fiend
I'd love that! I'm a Pandora One subscriber so that would be awesome!
kcmartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Beat Hazard