Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source

Old 05-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
Mukai

Why are my ladders see through?

Title says it all. My ladders and railings(and a few other things) are all see through(as in the metal parts ) Its weird it was never like this before, I've tried deleting local content and then deleting the DOD:S folder then redownloaded the game and I've the same problem. Anyone got any ideas?
Old 05-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
0ddity

What ladders?
0ddity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
Mukai

The ladders on Avalanche for definite, haven't looked at the others. But the railings and a few other 'prop' pieces are also transparent.
Mukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #4
Wile E Coyote

this is a known glitch; when I have more time (not feeding an infant) I will look it up
Wile E Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:02 AM   #5
Mukai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
this is a known glitch; when I have more time (not feeding an infant) I will look it up
Ok, thx m8, I've looked on google but haven't had much luck. I tried the mat_showenvmapmask 0 command and it didn't do anything.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
Wile E Coyote

crap dude, sorry, the forums have autopurged any post that used to exist, i'll keep looking.

EDIT
even though I've actually had this problem before, I'm willing to bet your cause is different than mine was.
Just as a troubleshooting measure, try starting the game with the command line parameter [ -dxlevel 81 ] added in your startup shortcut
This forces DX8 standards. What we are trying to determine is if this is a graphics card/ driver incompatibility issue. A lot of people have been having graphics issues since the recent updates.

Last edited by Wile E Coyote: 05-12-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #7
Mukai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
crap dude, sorry, the forums have autopurged any post that used to exist, i'll keep looking.

EDIT
even though I've actually had this problem before, I'm willing to bet your cause is different than mine was.
Just as a troubleshooting measure, try starting the game with the command line parameter [ -dxlevel 81 ] added in your startup shortcut
This forces DX8 standards. What we are trying to determine is if this is a graphics card/ driver incompatibility issue. A lot of people have been having graphics issues since the recent updates.
Yeah running it in DX8 worked, the balconies and ladders looked like solid objects again. So basically I just sit tight and hope valve fix it(...some day)
Old 05-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #8
Wile E Coyote

what graphics card are you running?
(just curious)

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source