Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Future Wars

Old 07-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
Headup Games

Headup Games
We are live :-)

Hi everyone, welcome to the Future Wars forum. We hope you guys get a great modding community going, and enjoy our newest release on STEAM.

Cheers,
Dieter Schoeller

Managing Director
Headup Games
Old 07-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
dirtybacon

Welcome, and good luck! I like the look of this game, seems a lot like Advance Wars. I'll see if I can round up some friends and get some multiplayer action going.
dirtybacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #3
PurSpyk!!

Hi,

Does the game support widescreen resolutions, I would be running it at 1920x1080, thanks
PurSpyk!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #4
Sonikku

Would also interest me if there's a demo underway.
Sonikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #5
Headup Games

Headup Games
Officially no, unofficially yes :-) If you edit the "profile.xml" in the folder "C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Future Wars\profiles" you can play in any resolution wanted.
Headup Games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #6
PurSpyk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headup Games View Post
Officially no, unofficially yes :-) If you edit the "profile.xml" in the folder "C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Future Wars\profiles" you can play in any resolution wanted.
Ok, but if the file has to be edited will there be any side effects, will the display be scaled correctly?
Old 07-15-2010, 12:42 PM   #7
Cy-Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurSpyk!! View Post
Ok, but if the file has to be edited will there be any side effects, will the display be scaled correctly?
Back the file up by making a copy of it and play around with the original. If the game gets bricked, simply copy the backup over the modified original.
Cy-Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #8
PurSpyk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cy-Fox View Post
Back the file up by making a copy of it and play around with the original. If the game gets bricked, simply copy the backup over the modified original.
Well I would prefer the game to support widescreen resolutions correclty, or provide a demo I could try before deciding. Too many games need hacks to make them work correctly and I dont need another one added to the list.

Crashes, sorry, will skip this then, looked interesting.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #9
Headup Games

Headup Games
Side effect: It crashes when you go into the options ingame as it cant handle the new resolution in the menu. Other than this, ratio aspect should be fine and there are no other known side effects if you edit the file, so you can play without any issues caused by the alteration.

Best is if you try the demo, e.g. here:
http://www.worthdownloading.com/game.php?gid=4627

Though I have to say that the demo does not include the patch we have already in the STEAM version and which adresses various issues we had in the demo.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:49 PM   #10
Headup Games

Headup Games
Demo link above, and besides the crash in the options menu - which doesnt effect anything else - all runs well to our knowledge.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #11
Chris Fifty-Two

Your game looks pretty damn sweet for the price it currently has, very close to buying it on pure impulse but got one question first. I see that the game has in-game achievements. Any chance of ever making those Steam Achievements. As a big fan of steam achievements I would really enjoy seeing that happen and I am sure a lot of my friends would agree (I am a part of an achievement group who plays together in the hunt for achievements...and of course fun). Adding steam achievements would make this game an instant buy for sure.

Hope you will consider this and add it to your game.
Chris Fifty-Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #12
Headup Games

Headup Games
We tried over and over to get the developer to include STEAM achievements, but as we are also distributing through many other networks, it sadly wasn't possible. Hope you still give the game a shot :-)
Old 07-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #13
Chris Fifty-Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headup Games View Post
We tried over and over to get the developer to include STEAM achievements, but as we are also distributing through many other networks, it sadly wasn't possible. Hope you still give the game a shot :-)

It's a shame to hear that. There is still a chance that I will get the game but might wait some time before I do now. And will live with the hope that you still might add them (I am a fool who don't give up his hope easily ).
Chris Fifty-Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #14
Foojo

You might want to ask Steam to link to this forum from the store page. I just find it handy that way. I initially didn't think there was a forum, but decided to go look anyway. I always read the game forum before buying.
Foojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #15
Headup Games

Headup Games
Thanks for the note, I have sent an e-mail to Meridian4 to approach STEAM in this matter.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Future Wars