Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast

Old 08-31-2010, 12:42 AM   #1
JoskiRock

For Creative Audigy 2 Soundcard owners.

In the README.html it states under the Sound heading:

Quote:
Audigy 2
Some users may experience sound distortion and dropouts on Creative Audigy 2 soundcards. Please make sure that you download the latest drivers for your soundcard.
I have the latest drivers for my soundcard, and still had dropout problems in the game noticebly whenever I crash the car or shift gears. The ingame music would skip and it was very annoying. I even tried playing the music files in Winamp or Windows Media Player while playing the game, but the sound dropouts and music skips were still happening. I finally figured out how to remedy the problem.

How to fix the sound dropout problems with Creative Audigy 2 Soundcards in the game OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast:

1. Left Click on Windows Start Menu button.
2. Left Click on "Run".
3. In Dialog box type "dxdiag" (without quotes), then click OK.
4. Once the DirectX Diagnostic Tool Interface opens, select the "Sound" tab.
5. There should be a slider labeled "Hardware Sound Acceleration Level" inside the DirectX Features section of the page.
6. Move the slider to the leftmost position. It should now read "No acceleration" above the slider bar.
7. Now left click on the "Exit" button (Lower Right).
8. Now go play OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast, and when you are done playing, don't forget to run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool and move the slider back to the rightmost position (Full acceleration).

I hope this helps.

My System Specs:
AMD AthlonXP 2800+ (Barton)
ATI Radeon HD 3850 512MB (AGP)
Creative Audigy2 ZS Platinum Soundcard
750 GB WD SATA HD
3 GB OCZ PC3200 memory

Last edited by JoskiRock: 09-08-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast