Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Old 09-25-2010, 07:43 AM   #1
mrvoid

Red face Pathetic Download Speed!

I've had VTM for awhile, and I went to a whipe and re-install for the newest patches (Have not finished it in awhile and felt a need to play through again!)

There is only one problem... STEAM WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM, PUT IT ON A SERVER THAT ISN'T IN ANTARTICA... I'm lucky to get 15kb/s and it stalls about 850mb through EVERY TIME! I can't get the game re-downloaded and it's been over 4 days since I started trying...

So if anyone with any power over this sad state of affairs could like... I don't know reset the server or something... I mean it is a paid for product, my inability to download it from a download only service is rather upsetting...

I doubt anyone has any tricks for getting it to download correctly through steam, but if you happen to go ahead and give me a response

Old 09-25-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
maul_inc01

Have you tried to select a server near you?
maul_inc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
mrvoid

Of course, I'm in Dallas on the Dallas download server.. it's just for VTM that this trash happens, I have excellent download speeds on any other game I have through steam (of which I have over 80..)
Old 09-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #4
mrvoid

Forget it, the download speed is, and continues to be *worthless*

Luckily I found an old backup of my steam games on the hard-drive from my old computer. I'll just use that, and kill the saved game files... Hopefully I can put the UP7.1 on it w/o any problems :/

Does anyone else experience really crummy speeds on VTM through steam.. or is it a unique experience with me?
Old 09-25-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
maul_inc01

Maybe you should contact Steam support and let them know about the Dallas server.
It might be that the server is hosted by some other company for Valve, and maybe their are doing a ty job.

I know that my local Steam server is hosted by a Chain of Internet Cafe's and everything works fine.
You could try the next best server for you, you know, one that is near Dallas.
I once found that a Steam Client update had changed my download server to one in another Country, but I still got good speeds.
maul_inc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #6
mrvoid

The backup copy didn't take - it had a weird error and kept trying to update (the full game) even after I re-installed it twice, lol

Luckily the Phoenix, AZ steam server downloads VTM Really fast, so it's finishing downloading as I write this...

Just a message for anyone in the future who is going to Download Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines and has Slow download speeds - AVOID the Dallas Steam servers, it's horrible, try another one. ((Spelled out for search function for future reference!))

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines