Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Old 10-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
sharkwouter

Lightbulb tabbed browsing in steam store

This really is a must, but it isn't there. If you do an advanced search, go to a game and then press back, it won't go back to the page where you where and it won't remember your settings. This could be solved by adding tabbed browsing to the steam store.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
wickys

Banned
update win
wickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:55 PM   #3
dubzilla

yeah dude, tabbed browsing would be effin sweet.
dubzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
ColdSpiral

YES.
I also want tabs in the steam client's store page. There's space there for them and everything. When I use the advanced search / top sellers/ new releases categories I'm not looking for a game in particular (that's what the quicksearch bar is for, right?); I'm browsing. If I pick up something from the shelf in a store and decide it's not for me, I'm not going to walk out the front doors, turn around, and walk back to where I was, only to pick up the next item and do the same thing...
ColdSpiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:12 PM   #5
Njord19

Banned
OMG This would be a HUGE HELP! I find myself browsing through big gallerys of games and if i see one i like i open it look at it then it might send me back to the top of the list or first page!
Njord19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:07 AM   #6
Shifty_Pete

I suggested this before but nobody cared D:

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 14 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 5 seconds.
This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.
Shifty_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #7
alhypo

The current Steam store page definitely needs an overhaul. It would be cool to have tabbed browsing and for the browser to remember where you were in the list when you hit the "back" arrow. It's so obvious.
alhypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #8
FullyPacked

Oh yes this would solve so many problems!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #9
Mcraftrocks101

Thumbs up

I would love this. Whenever I'm browsing deals, or looking at games in general I hate misclicking, or having to hit the "return" button if I don't see a game I like. Whenever you click on a game it should bring up a new tab.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #10
Richm246

I'd love this to be added.

/signed
Richm246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:01 AM   #11
InigoMontoia

Exclamation Supporting this idea

I want to support this or another solution to the problem:

Quote from above:
OMG This would be a HUGE HELP! I find myself browsing through big gallerys of games and if i see one i like i open it look at it then it might send me back to the top of the list or first page!

I beleive a solution would increase revenue in the store, because e.g. I would see the games at the end of the list!

Inigo
InigoMontoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:43 AM   #12
Viruzzz

Banned
Agree, tabbed browsing would be very useful.

In a world of browsers that pretty much ALL have tabs, how could steam not have them yet?
Viruzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:30 AM   #13
InigoMontoia

Exclamation easy solution: cookies

TABed-Browsing may be difficult to implement inside the steam client browser, which is propably some IE version.

Another easy to implement solution to the problem of lost page number when browsing through long game lists are cookies.

As the browsing is implemented using javascript the URL does not contain information about the current page in the list. When you now click on some game to see the details, the current page on the list of games is lost.

Solution: on every click on the "Next 10" Button, create/change a cookie and set the current number. When a client opens a game details page and after this goes back in history the cookie is again available for the javascript and it can read and use the stored last number on the list.

Implementation and testing time: about 1-2 hours, one developer.
Estimated increase in revenues in the Store: +10%

Inigo
InigoMontoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #14
squall_leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by InigoMontoia View Post
TABed-Browsing may be difficult to implement inside the steam client browser, which is propably some IE version.

Another easy to implement solution to the problem of lost page number when browsing through long game lists are cookies.

As the browsing is implemented using javascript the URL does not contain information about the current page in the list. When you now click on some game to see the details, the current page on the list of games is lost.

Solution: on every click on the "Next 10" Button, create/change a cookie and set the current number. When a client opens a game details page and after this goes back in history the cookie is again available for the javascript and it can read and use the stored last number on the list.

Implementation and testing time: about 1-2 hours, one developer.
Estimated increase in revenues in the Store: +10%

Inigo
Steam uses webkit, which is as compatible with multiple tabs as IE8's trident.
squall_leonhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:49 PM   #15
ribbins

I believe they had tabs a while, but it got removed or something, I remember being able to use tabs in the steam client. I hope they add it again, it was awesome and I hate using one page a time
ribbins is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas