Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guardians of Graxia

Old 11-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
Berek

Petroglyph Games
Bugs & Issues (Read first before posting game issues!)

If you feel you've run across a clear problem or error in the game, please reply here first.

Please be clear on what the problem is and how to reproduce it. Linking of screenshots and information about your computer system is helpful in diagnosing them.

As issues come up, we will link previous threads here or at least note them. These are not necessarily confirmed by us yet, though we are aware of the reports:

Barriers To Entry
- Clicking on 'Start Game' brings up loading screen permanently

Crashes & Instability
- Fast Cavalry unit freeze
- If the AI uses Sype to try and heal 2 different units, the game will lock up.

Gameplay Balance
- Gyrosphere 'Tumble Tumble' ability kills both enemy and oneself
- Physical attack defaulting to magical on certain attack terrain
- Brightagg Guardian Victory battle phase calculations are not updating the objectives properly

Graphics & Sound
- Winning a battle and retreating walking in place forever

Map / Scenario / Achievement Specific
- Shadow of the Valley standard victory achieved prematurely

Community Suggestions
- Sort and designate save files according to save time
- Sort map files and designate expansion ones
- Help Menu location to view all cards in a list
- More 'Skip' options and general gameplay speed increase
- Deck building (expansion will include a map that generates itself!)
- Multiplayer support
- Steam Cloud support

Quote:
v1.5 Updates (LIVE):

Stability & Performance

* Killing an enemy unit with the spell card Hellstorm, Wildfire or Shifting Winds no longer crashes the game.
* When an enemy unit dies from using a spell during the command phase the game plays on.
* When the AI uses the spell card Shifting Winds the game no longer locks up.

Ability, Campaign, and Tiles

* The 3rd giant in campaign map 2 “While You Where Away” no longer spawns on top of a friendly unit but will spawn on a different tile instead.
* The 4th giant in campaign map 2 “While You Where Away” no longer spawns immediately after loading.
* Forest and City tiles now mitigate Wildfire and Hellstorm damage spells during the Command Phase.
* The spell and unit decks where corrected from the skirmish map “In the Shadow of the Valley”
* Now able to target 3 or less enemy units when activating Prisma’s ability Prisma Call.

Map Pack Exclusive

* Loading into a saved game on the skirmish map “A Damsel in Distress” will no longer reset the positioning of the starting enemy units or the location of the princess.
Quote:
v1.2-4 Updates (LIVE):

* Loading crash just after Steam logo
* Prisma Call ability general issues
* General stability and gameplay balance issues resolved
Quote:
v1.1 Updates (LIVE):

* English text is now displayed instead of "[TBL]" when the locale isn't English.
* Fixed occasional lock-up during AI player's turn.
* Fixed extra mana being given after canceling a unit ability.

Last edited by Berek: 02-02-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
madmarten

Scenario 5 defeat condition text says turn 12 when it should be turn 20.
madmarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:53 AM   #3
vincentspai

Shadd's Stealth ability doesn't always work - sometimes it'll show the stealth animation and then he'll immediately unstealth for some reason. I've noticed this on skirmish map 4, although I haven't tested it on skirmish map 1 and 2.

It's not just a graphics issue with not showing the stealth animation it seems - at the beginning of the next turn when you select Shadd, he will have the option to stealth, and he will not receive the stealth combat bonus if you fight with him.

I haven't noticed this issue with the normal boneshadow units, although I haven't been paying particular attention to them either.
vincentspai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:06 AM   #4
Krell

More bugs

More Bugs
If you use the card that lets you take another spell from the discard pile you cannot undo it.

If you use inspire troops 2 times in a row you only get 1 unit at half price not 1 unit free or 2 units at half price.

If you undo a move that made you lose your shield it does not restore the shield.

I have confirmed that whenever trample is used the last unit that did a blue circle ability will get the xp instead of the elephant unit. My guess is that the game gives xp to whatever unit was put into memory and that trample does not add the elephant to the list and overwrite the data thus it does not get the xp.

Lightbringers used by the ai will only target units 2 tiles away. My guess is that the game was programmed to check ranged targets if there is an enemy within 2 tiles. Thus the lightbringers ranged ability doesn't get to trigger at 4 tiles.

If you accidently right click when using the light bringers heal after damageing a unit you cannot click undo.

possible bug with aura of reflection not propperyly reflecting splash damage (if it was supposed to)

System Specs and Original Bug Post

Quote:
The game seems to have a problem when you win a battle and they retreat where the unit moves out of the square and just walks in place forever and the display says revealing the sacrificed spell card even though it already revealed it and combat damage was allocated. (i did notice one time I was hovering over a land tile and had the popup open when it happened)

Trample does not work properly it seems to be very random if it works especially if you give a second attack to the unit.

Quick Bows does not always work, Especially if you had a shield on from last round

When trample kills a unit the wrong units get the xp. Example I teleported the mage then attacked with elephant and mage got killing xp

There are quite a few random crashes with no error descriptions.

(The following isn't a bug but a suggestion)
This game NEEDS a way to increase the movement and animation speeds. It was great for the first couple of hours to watch every little detail of every unit, but after a while having to wait 5 seconds just to use tumble on the goblin roller is very annoying.

Last edited by Krell: 11-18-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Krell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #5
vincentspai

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but madmarten reported getting an event on scenario 6 with the mayors of the lesser principalities swearing allegiance to the cause, as a reward for saving all of the villages on scenario 3.

When I reset my campaign and saved all of the villages, I did not get this event. I did not get the event that said "the mayor of the lesser principalitise are angry" this time (and it shows as unknown event on scenario 3) but I didn't get the swearing allegiance event on scenario 6.

Either this is a bug or there's some other requirement (maybe can't have cloaked figures causing trouble perhaps) - reporting it here in case it is a bug.

EDIT: Apparently other people are saying that the Volos isn't supposed to leave to take care of a rebellion if you save all of the villages in scenario 3 also, which happened to me even after I did so. I guess this is a bug too, with not getting credit for saving all of the villages.

EDIT: Could this have happened because the game ended with me killing all of the units? Instead of ending normally at the end of turn 10?

EDIT: I verified that this bug does not happen if you do not kill all of the enemy units before turn 10.

Last edited by vincentspai: 11-18-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:43 PM   #6
Krell

Game will not launch

I was playing one of the skirmishes last night as the guy that can heal 2 units for 3 health on the first skirmish map.
Full System Specs are at the bottom of this link

The game crashed for no apparent reason, however now whenever I try to launch the game it will not launch and gives me the following problem signature:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: GuardiansOfGraxia.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4cd9cb50
Fault Module Name: GuardiansOfGraxia.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cd9cb50
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00372e1d
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I had the computer off all night found out there was this problem today and have tried restarting. All other games work perfectly.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #7
Berek

Petroglyph Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krell View Post
I was playing one of the skirmishes last night as the guy that can heal 2 units for 3 health on the first skirmish map.
[URL="http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1594112"]Full Syst...
I had the computer off all night found out there was this problem today and have tried restarting. All other games work perfectly.
Hi Krell, Steam is currently updating the game and the map pack, it may be in the middle of that process. Keep trying and let me know after we've confirmed it's gone live that there isn't an issue with it.
Berek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:20 AM   #8
vincentspai

Using "Wild Fire" seems to cause the game to crash a lot.

Although granted, this is a pretty unimportant issue compared to the crash on startup issue that we're all currently experiencing.

EDIT: seems to happen with "Hell Storm" as well. Oddly enough it doesn't crash when the AI uses these spells though.

Last edited by vincentspai: 11-20-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:10 PM   #9
hoarn

This may be a bug, I'm not sure.
In Scenario 5 of the first campaign, my mana return from tiles is stuck at +45. Even later in the game (after 10 turns or so) when I have in excess of 80 mana points in controlled tiles I still only get +45. I thought this might be intentional, but after restarting a few times, I'm struggling to see how I can win with this fixed amount of mana each turn.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #10
Krell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berek View Post
Hi Krell, Steam is currently updating the game and the map pack, it may be in the middle of that process. Keep trying and let me know after we've confirmed it's gone live that there isn't an issue with it.
I waited liked you asked and the game launches perfectly fine again. Thanks for the responce.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #11
Cuddlebuddie928

I have an issue where "Hell Storm" causes my system to crash, but only when one of my units is caught in the crossfire (yes, I let a few of my units get burned when I'm looking to finish off my opponent). When I cast the spell without damage to my own units, everything proceeds as it's supposed to. Admittedly, I have only used it in the intro campaign scenario, but the issue is 100% reproducible (for me).

My system specs, in case you need them (just the basics):
Q6600 G0 @ 3.6 GHz
4x 1GB Kingston Hyper-X RAM @800 MHz 3-3-3-10-2T
2x GeForce GTX 280 in SLI, stock clockspeed.
EVGA 780i SLI Motherboard

Although my system is pretty heavily overclocked, it is Prime95/memtest stable, and is more than adequately watercooled, so I'm not thinking that the problem is on my part; however, I haven't disabled SLI yet to see if there's some sort of incompatibility there; I will post when I have the time to play around a bit....

BTW, thanks to Berek and cohorts for their exceptional customer support!

Edit: I named the wrong card. :-0

Last edited by Cuddlebuddie928: 11-22-2010 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Mistype
Cuddlebuddie928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:11 AM   #12
mriguy

I was going to report this in separately, but since the developer is reading this threads...

1. Hovering the mouse over the Pass shows help text saying [MISSING]

2. If you have more than 9 cards and go into battle mode the 9th card is half off the screen and you can not get access to the pass card. This is further complicated by the "jump to" buttons being grayed out. I am running in 1920x1200 max graphics setting.

This is my first card based game so if I am missing something here let me know.
I can not believe this was not caught in beta.

Last edited by mriguy: 11-22-2010 at 01:30 PM.
mriguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:19 AM   #13
madmarten

You can scroll through the cards by holding the right mouse button and moving your cursor.
madmarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:31 AM   #14
TeacherNL

Same here,

Bought the DLC yesterday and freeze up at starting screen. BAck to desktop it is. When I delete my profile I can play the game again, until I play hellstorm. Back to desktop it is.

Very annoying, since I lose my savegames everytime (if there is a solution to continue with the old campaign plz let me know).
TeacherNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #15
TeacherNL

Same here,

Casting hellstorm causes crash to desktop. VERY annoying when you need to blow away some weak units and gain the upper hand on the map.
TeacherNL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guardians of Graxia