Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Iron Grip series > Iron Grip: Warlord

Old 11-25-2010, 02:52 AM   #1
monique

<3
Guide: Support Information

Hi all!

I wanted to remind anyone who has any questions, concerns or problems with Iron Grip: Warlord to feel free to open a thread here (on the Steam forums) and to also email us (support@isotx.com). Please email us in addition to opening your thread because that ensures we see it right away--we usually have an email solution within 24 hours.

If you are not getting a response, feel free to PM me on the Steam forums and I will make sure someone gets to you in a timely fashion.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #2
flaming_blood

Hello everyone,
I was concerned about a networking issue. It appears that everytime I go to the multiplyer and it hits the Master server 2 it forces my internet to die. I will reconnect only upon closing the game. I can't even join my friend's game via IP.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:12 PM   #3
cyrri

ISOTX
Some routers can't handle the amount of concurrent connections during the server browser refresh. We don't know any way to fix this on the game's side. One has to go: either the game or your router.

If your friend tells you the IP and port of his game then you can bypass the server browser and connect directly through the console:
- open the console by pressing the button below ESC
- type /connect IP:PORT without the quotes, where IP and PORT are the values you got from your friend
- copy&pasting works too, so you don't have to memorize all the digits
cyrri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #4
flaming_blood

Connection Errors and Internet Disconnect Upon Loading Master Server 2

In reply to what has already been discussed, connecting through console did not work, we had tried it prior. It will attempt to load a "custom map" and then time out. Our next idea is to try and use hamachi and join through "LAN"
Old 12-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #5
WildCard2180

Just bought the game today and I have two problems:

1) I can't start the game. The window pops up, my screen goes black as if the game is about to start, but then it just goes back to my desktop and it just displays this:

Iron Grip: Warlord Release 1.12 win-x86 Jun 17 2010
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\zpatch112textures.pk3 (25 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\zpatch112.pk3 (81 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\yuletide_1.pk3 (157 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\textures_2.pk3 (8 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\textures_1.pk3 (133 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\textures2.pk3 (506 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\textures1.pk3 (372 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\textures.pk3 (866 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\sound_1.pk3 (120 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\sound.pk3 (493 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\resources.pk3 (189 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\models_1.pk3 (48 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\models.pk3 (556 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\media.pk3 (66 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\maps_1.pk3 (5 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\maps.pk3 (21 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord/base

----------------------
3646 files in pk3 files
couldn't exec config.cfg
Minimum com_hunkMegs is 200, allocating 200 megs.
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
...detecting CPU, found AMD w/ 3DNow!

------- Input Initialization -------
No window for DirectInput mouse init, delaying
Joystick is not active.
------------------------------------
----- Client Initialization -----
----- Initializing Renderer ----
-------------------------------
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
...initializing QGL
...calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\Windows\system32\opengl32.dll' ): succeeded
...setting mode 3: 1024 768 FS
...using colorsbits of 32
...calling CDS: ok
...registered window class
...created window@0,0 (1024x768)
Initializing OpenGL driver
...getting DC: succeeded
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 8 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 0 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
...restoring display settings
...WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
...setting mode 3: 1024 768 FS
...using colorsbits of 16
...created window@0,0 (1024x768)
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
...assuming '3dfxvgl' is a standalone driver
...initializing QGL
...WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available
...shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------
GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

2) My first assumption, although I have no clue what is wrong, is that the game wouldn't start up because the screen resolution is wrong. I've had that problem before with games and usually, when that is the problem, the game will try to load (thus why the screen would go black) and then crash or go back to my desktop and display an error message.

I saw the sticky that said that some resolutions aren't supported. My resolution is 1600 x 900 and that's not among the supported resolutions. I tried doing the fix in that sticky, but I can't find the config.cgl file anywhere. I followed the correct path and everything, but I don't see a file called config anywhere.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:49 AM   #6
evros94

WildCard, , the config.cfg file is missing from your game files.

Firat delete "local content" by right clicking on the game's icon in the library section of Steam's client and then re-download the game files.

If that doesn't work, mail us at support@isotx.com to send you the file.
evros94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:19 AM   #7
cyrri

ISOTX
The file is created only after the first successful launch of the game. Put this one in SteamApps\common\iron grip warlord\base: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7801031/config.cfg
Old 03-13-2012, 01:20 AM   #8
dougskeez

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrri View Post
The file is created only after the first successful launch of the game. Put this one in SteamApps\common\iron grip warlord\base: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7801031/config.cfg
Bought the 4pack of warlord to play with my friends but one of them also crashes and see's:
saved dump file 'igw_release 1.13_10792685.dmp'

The file you posted isn't there anymore
dougskeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:44 PM   #9
WildCard2180

Thanks to both of you for the quick responses.

I downloaded the file cyrri provided and moved it to the correct location. I opened it up with notepad and Word and both times the only thing the file contained was the seta r_mode "0" line. So I changed it to -1 like the resolution sticky said and added the lines for my resolution above it. I added them correctly I know (although it seems odd to me that I had to add them). I tried opening the game and it was similar to before. Instead of going through one black screen and ending the process, several black screens flash up and it looks like it's adjusting to my monitor;s resolution, but then it ends the process and this is what the window reads this:

Iron Grip: Warlord Release 1.12 win-x86 Jun 17 2010
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\zpatch112textures.pk3 (25 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\zpatch112.pk3 (81 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\yuletide_1.pk3 (157 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\textures_2.pk3 (8 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\textures_1.pk3 (133 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\textures2.pk3 (506 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\textures1.pk3 (372 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\textures.pk3 (866 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\sound_1.pk3 (120 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\sound.pk3 (493 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\resources.pk3 (189 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\models_1.pk3 (48 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\models.pk3 (556 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\media.pk3 (66 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\maps_1.pk3 (5 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord\base\maps.pk3 (21 files)
c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\iron grip warlord/base

----------------------
3646 files in pk3 files
Minimum com_hunkMegs is 200, allocating 200 megs.
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
...detecting CPU, found AMD w/ 3DNow!

------- Input Initialization -------
No window for DirectInput mouse init, delaying
Joystick is not active.
------------------------------------
----- Client Initialization -----
----- Initializing Renderer ----
-------------------------------
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
...initializing QGL
...calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\Windows\system32\opengl32.dll' ): succeeded
...setting mode -1: 1600 900 FS
...using colorsbits of 32
...registered window class
...created window@0,0 (1600x900)
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 8 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 0 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...WARNING: could not set the given mode (-1)
...setting mode -1: 1600 900 FS
...using colorsbits of 16
...created window@0,0 (1600x900)
...GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
...35 PFDs found
...GLW_ChoosePFD failed
...shutting down QGL
...unloading OpenGL DLL
...assuming '3dfxvgl' is a standalone driver
...initializing QGL
...WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available
...shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------
GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

Any ideas? It seems like a great game, but not only did my download never come with the cgl file every time I tried downloading it, but the cgi file you gave me didn't seem complete and it still doesn't work.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:08 AM   #10
evros94

Until we get a response from Cyrri try the following:

Go again to the config.cfg file, you will find it in Steam>Steamapps>common>IGWarlord>Base

Search for the “seta r_allowExtensions” entry and switch it to “0”

Run the game gain and see if it crashes.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:56 AM   #11
WildCard2180

Quote:
Originally Posted by evros94 View Post
Until we get a response from Cyrri try the following:

Go again to the config.cfg file, you will find it in Steam>Steamapps>common>IGWarlord>Base

Search for the “seta r_allowExtensions” entry and switch it to “0”

Run the game gain and see if it crashes.
Like I said before, the cfg file that was given to me only had that "seta" line in it. I don't think I did anything wrong in downloading or opening it so I'm not sure why it would be missing so much.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:32 PM   #12
cyrri

ISOTX
Sorry about the confusion, what I meant to say was: use the unmodified config I posted, containing just the seta r_mode 0 line. The log you posted shows that you are running the custom resolution 1600*900 and the game fails to init the display with this mode. r_mode 0 should work... if it doesn't, I'm out of ideas.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:55 PM   #13
Atlantis1982

Can not start the game

Hello, I want to play this game, but everytime I try to start up a skirmish game, it keeps focusing back to the Steam browser with this pop up window saying, "Saved dump file to 'IGW_Release1.12_1894686'".

Any meaning to this?
Atlantis1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #14
DestinedCruz

None of the achievements in-game are unlocking for me at all. Steam overlay is opening correctly and my game is registered.
DestinedCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #15
evros94

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinedCruz View Post
None of the achievements in-game are unlocking for me at all. Steam overlay is opening correctly and my game is registered.
Did you try to reinstall?
If that doesn't work, sent an email to support@isotx.com

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Iron Grip series > Iron Grip: Warlord