Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wolfenstein series

Old 12-15-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
DoloGunplay

CANT ENABLE PB

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME IT WONT LET ME ENABLE PB I DID THE UPDATE AT EVENBALANCE.COM ..... WHEN I CLICK ENABLE IT STAYS DISABLED
Old 01-10-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
zepp65

hi i have same problem i been trying everything looked everyway all kinds of forums and sites i can't figue it out at all.have you had any luck, if so please let me know how to fix thank you.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
Snoodler

I had the same problem, but if u go to ur Steam Library, right click on the Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Hit Properties - Click the Local Files Tab - Then "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"

Once U have done that - It should say One file has failed to validate and will be reacquired.

U should see a pop up where the download of updates for games show up in steam.

U may have to do this 2 times - but check to see if it works on first try. It used to work on first try, but recently I have to exit out of game and do it one more time for it to take.

Once that has happens - just double click on the Return to Wolf game in Library and choose Multi player.

U should be able to turn on Punkbuster Enabled Now.

thing is .......u will have to do this everytime u decide to play the game right up front. Once u do it, U can play for hours.

I hope that helps, please let me know.

The were couple other issues with screen size, but this is a punkbuster fix for ya
Snoodler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
Snoodler

Got this from the Admin over at ECGN Server named Man at Arms or Donny - I was having trouble connecting to his server and got errors saying need to update punkbuster or Punkbuster client not connected to a server.

I could get on a few PB servers but ECGN is the most active.

It works great. Tell them at ECGN, Donny and Snood hooked ya up and lease let me know if this helped.

Make sure u find yr PB file C/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/return to castle wolfenstein/pb

Also connect to steam thru a shortcut on desktop as admin too.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Donny said:

V1229 client is out of date..1.730 is the latest...

1.Go into your Wolf directory and delete the pb folder.

2.Download PBsetup from here: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php
(Run PBSetup as Administrator...(On Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the pbsetup.exe and choose 'Run As Administrator')
Click Add Game button, choose RTCW, and point it to your Wolf install folder.

3.Download PB Service from here: http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe
Again..make sure you run this as Administrator by right-clicking on the exe file)

4. Run Wolf (again...as Administrator), bring down console and type: /seta cl_punkbuster 1

5. Quit game. Then fire up game again and connect to server.

Hope this helps.

Donny
Snoodler is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wolfenstein series