Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper: Ghost Warrior

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
salad10203

Banned
Is there an FOV fix?

The FOV is pretty bad and is giving me a headache. Is there a fix?
Old 07-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
Valorien

No, they don't care. They have your money. That's all they wanted and are now laughing their way to the bank.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:16 AM   #3
Robert_City

City Interactive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valorien View Post
No, they don't care. They have your money. That's all they wanted and are now laughing their way to the bank.
No cigar here .
We do care.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
FengZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_City View Post
No cigar here .
We do care.
Then what's the fix please? The low FOV is terrible on a PC with a 30" screen. The demo was sickening to play. I'll buy the game for sure if there was an adjustable FOV.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:21 AM   #5
Robert_City

City Interactive
Quote:
Originally Posted by FengZ View Post
Then what's the fix please? The low FOV is terrible on a PC with a 30" screen. The demo was sickening to play. I'll buy the game for sure if there was an adjustable FOV.
There's no "fix" per se, because nothing is broken . As far as tweaking the FOV - I've just talked with the devs and they flooded me with a lot of technobablle . In a nutshell, it's not possible - too many things would be not as they should if you tampered with FOV in SGW. Sorry .
Old 10-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #6
3ny

Quote:
There's no "fix" per se, because nothing is broken . As far as tweaking the FOV - I've just talked with the devs and they flooded me with a lot of technobablle . In a nutshell, it's not possible - too many things would be not as they should if you tampered with FOV in SGW. Sorry .

Nothing is broken? Why the F@#$ have such a narrow, nauseating FOV in the first place? It amazes me something so elementary as 'decent FOV' is ignored in this day and age by developers. Just *SIGH*.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #7
Cut2TheChase

Quote:
Yea, I'm an admin and that "technobabble" is most likely laziness, they just dont care to fix the issues for the PC community.
They don't care, I don't care to buy.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #8
Cut2TheChase

Well, just make sure you have an adjustable FOV in your future releases.
PC games require these things to be an acceptable PC platform developed game, PERIOD.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #9
soundcreepy

thats funny....i play games like this and bioshock 2 (yes, i know there is an ini tweak) and many others and am not bothered by FOV. In fact....many PC games don't have the option to change FOV....are they not acceptable on the PC platform as well?
Old 10-07-2011, 09:21 AM   #10
Cut2TheChase

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcreepy View Post
thats funny....i play games like this and bioshock 2 (yes, i know there is an ini tweak) and many others and am not bothered by FOV. In fact....many PC games don't have the option to change FOV....are they not acceptable on the PC platform as well?
I think you don't know what your missing.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:36 AM   #11
ozgeek

No we are not missing anything. We are playing the games as the devs intended. I never have any problems with FOVs (not sure what that means).

If you get sick from FOV then you have a real-life problem because I played almost all my PC games on default settings with-out any problems.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #12
ambivert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgeek View Post
No we are not missing anything. We are playing the games as the devs intended. I never have any problems with FOVs (not sure what that means).

If you get sick from FOV then you have a real-life problem because I played almost all my PC games on default settings with-out any problems.
There are a lot of ignorant responses on this topic. Most people who need to adjust FOV are those who are playing the game on multiple monitors. The game zooms in when you're running a superwide resolution, so you have to adjust the FOV to see the same fov that you'd see on a single monitor.

Anybody who claims (devs included) that it's a modification that is IMPOSSIBLE is lying. It's usually a very easy fix. The reality is that these games are developed for consoles and PC gaming is dying. This is just lazy development.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #13
Old and wasted

Agreed and not agreed with a lot of things here. Yes, FOV is something that should be adjustable on the config menu, like BF3 (sorry Steam). Yes, there's alot of, let's say, impatient people around here. And no, PC games are not dying, as the almighty glory of perfect image belongs to PC, and PC only.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #14
Cut2TheChase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgeek View Post

Umm, playing as the devs intended, on a CONSOLE.
This is a PC game as well and as such is already a known issue with all consolized games in multiplatform development.

The FOV needs to be adjustable, not cookie cut for the console crowd.

I played 10 minutes of Sniper 1 and couldnt stand the constricted view and stopped playing, and won't be buying the 2nd unless theres a way to adjust FOV.

That = lost sales.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #15
RnRollie

this is a Chrome engine game, thus you are looking for a packed file like "default_levels.xml" or "defaults.xml" or "settings.xml" which is somewhere hidden in the .pak files
Once found, you'll have to (re-)create the structure in "my documents"\sniper - Ghost Warrior\
Probably something like "my documents"\sniper - Ghost Warrior\out\Data\
and copy the found file inthere , this file you can then edit to change the FOV

DO NOT change the (packed) files! Crashes or re-installs (or bans) will be the result

Last edited by RnRollie: 12-03-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper: Ghost Warrior