Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Ion Assault

Old 01-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #1
Fitzwilliamd

Controls? Help Please

Is there any way to reconfigure the controls? I am using an XBOX controller, and have to hold down the trigger the whole time. Keeping the trigger down most of the time is pretty painful in my hand.

Or is there a game mode that autopulls in the ions as you move?

Any of you computer mavens out there have a suggestion?

Thanks

Old 01-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
number3son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzwilliamd View Post
Is there any way to reconfigure the controls? I am using an XBOX controller, and have to hold down the trigger the whole time. Keeping the trigger down most of the time is pretty painful in my hand.

Or is there a game mode that autopulls in the ions as you move?

Any of you computer mavens out there have a suggestion?

Thanks
Doesn't look like there's a config file of any kind in the game's directory that would let you do this, unfortunately. I agree that's kind of annoying to have to keep the trigger held for most of the game, especially since you have to have it ALL the way down in order for it to register. It's a pretty new game and they've already released one update, so maybe there's hope for another update in the future.
number3son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
Aemony

This really needs to be added, or at least the possibility to swap the both trigger actions. I would guess that most people used to the normal control layouts will find it a lot of painful to keep the LEFT trigger down most of the times. The RIGHT trigger on the other hand is WAY more ergonomical to hold down during a longer timeframe than the left one. This is partly the reason why the analog sticks on the 360 controller are positions as they are, to allow the right trigger to be held down quite a long time without any pain in your hand.

Until this is changed or fixed I can't really play through a single stage without pain in my hand. Please support the 360 controller correctly, after the normal controller layout!
Aemony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
paratech2008

Yeah, please let the gamer configure the controls.
paratech2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:17 AM   #5
padge61

Left trigger, seriously?

What's worse is that you have to use the left trigger to both move and shoot, and you have to hold it down most of the time.

Seriously, who shoots with their left finger?

A mark of a good game from the last 20 years is that it lets you configure the controls. If gamepad support is still immature, I can understand why it's not configurable, but that MUST be right around the corner.

There needs to be a layer of abstraction between raw input and engine commands, even if there's no UI to set the controls, at least let us bind them with a config file.

I can't play this game this way. I AIM AND SHOOT WITH MY RIGHT HAND (like most people.)

Last edited by padge61: 07-16-2012 at 10:41 PM.
padge61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Ion Assault