Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 01-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
machoo

One thing I don't get about 'Conquest'

You have the tickets , and whoever reaches '0' first is the loser , what does capturing the outposts do? You spawn more often then not back at the main CP anyway.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
neuromancer

The more outposts you control the faster the enemy teams tickets bleed. Same for your team when they control points.
neuromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
fumanshoe64

i'm curious what k/d ratio would a flagless team have to maintain in order to bleed at the same speed.
fumanshoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
MrDowst

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanshoe64 View Post
i'm curious what k/d ratio would a flagless team have to maintain in order to bleed at the same speed.
interesting, but i guess hard to pinpoint, as it's not only ratio, but also kills/second and deaths/second. I've often been on a team which had 1 of 3 flags throughout the round, and still won. A fun mode would probably be if there was no bleeding, but the flags are multiplyers for the deducted tickets per kill. As in, you hold 3 flags, every kill shaves of 3 tickets, you hold 1 flag, 1 ticket...
Old 01-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #5
machoo

Oh ok , I thought tickets were related to death totals. I've been playing games where they have the tickets set at 500+ , gotta say those games are HEAPS better with the game dynamic totally different at the end from the start.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #6
neuromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by machoo View Post
Oh ok , I thought tickets were related to death totals. I've been playing games where they have the tickets set at 500+ , gotta say those games are HEAPS better with the game dynamic totally different at the end from the start.
Each death is also a ticket lost. Each medic revive refunds the ticket lost when the player was killed.
neuromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:46 PM   #7
kommandojoe

Deaths are related to your tickets, however if a team has more control points than the other, the other team will bleed tickets at a constant stream based on the amount of control points the winning team has over the losing team.
kommandojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
bobsbarricades

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommandojoe View Post
Deaths are related to your tickets, however if a team has more control points than the other, the other team will bleed tickets at a constant stream based on the amount of control points the winning team has over the losing team.
thank you for explaining that. I've been very confused because it doesn't seem to always add up who owns more falgs vs. who wins the rounds.

I play medic often and would love to know if anybody at dice has informed us of the specifics on 3/4 flag maps.
bobsbarricades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #9
scorpio0666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommandojoe View Post
Yeah but at what rate is this 'bleed'? and how does it correlate to the number of flags a team controls?
scorpio0666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:39 PM   #10
laazrockit

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio0666 View Post
Yeah but at what rate is this 'bleed'? and how does it correlate to the number of flags a team controls?
Read page 1 of this thread where there is a post that explains exactly what you just asked.
laazrockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #11
<AvA>Duff5000

Google gave me this:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...-lets-end.html

Quote:
I am reading alot of mis information on this and other boards about conquest.

So let's simply set the record straight on how conquest is scored.

doesn't matter if it's 3 flag CQ or 4 Flag CQ If you hold the majority of Flags.. The other team loses 4 tickets per minute( in other words every 15 seconds they lose a ticket) In addition to deaths etc.

The point of CQ is to hold the majority of flags and kill.
<AvA>Duff5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #12
Sumpfkraut

Haha, 4 tickets? Wasn't that much more in Bf1942?
Sumpfkraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #13
MyIdaho

I wish BFBC2-VN would display the ticket totals like BF1942. Hee, hee there were lots of even games that went to the wire with only a few + tickets for the winners... Please bring back this crucial indicator!
MyIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #14
Majesty of War

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumpfkraut View Post
Haha, 4 tickets? Wasn't that much more in Bf1942?
It basically makes the whole mechanic insignificant. The real estate just gives more avenues of approach and firing positions. Flags don't mean much anymore. The game is pretty much entirely dependent on kills. Even rush is based around kills. Cant get much more casual and simplistic than kills can we DICE.

Battlefield 3 is going to be so incredibly disappointing.
Majesty of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #15
PsylentStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majesty of War View Post
It basically makes the whole mechanic insignificant. The real estate just gives more avenues of approach and firing positions. Flags don't mean much anymore. The game is pretty much entirely dependent on kills. Even rush is based around kills. Cant get much more casual and simplistic than kills can we DICE.
I believe this is a server-side setting. So a server can choose to place more emphasis on flag control (as opposed to something more kill-centric) by increasing the bleed multiplier or bleed rate per flag held.
PsylentStorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series