Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls III

Old 01-04-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
madgamer2

AM I the only one?

Who saw the sale add for Morrowind that said it was on sale for $15 and the amount crossed out just above it said $10. I did not see this till after I bought it for the sale price. I sent a post to steam and they told me there sales were automated and that I could not get my $5 back! or get a credit or anything. What a way to do business.
Makes me wonder if the whole company is run on one server with just a couple of real people. I was wondering if anyone else got sucked into the "sale" price.
I also note that there seem to be a fair number of folks who read the posts but few who answer them. At least on the real company forums they at least help you out. The only thing that seems to catch interest here is how to MOD the steam games. Makes me wonder how many posters here are adults ah well it is interesting to read the forum and I respond when I can. I have very little understanding of how to mod even with instructions I can screw it up, Well time for this old fart to get some sleep...have fun Kids and try not to mess things up to much

A very tired
Msdgamer2
Old 01-05-2011, 05:42 AM   #2
Revenile

What you probably saw was the fact the 9 had a line through it and thought it was a 0, it's actually an easy mistake to make sometimes when you aren't looking closely, the game is 20 bucks when not on sale. Although it wasn't as good a sale as the last holiday sale when I picked it up for 5 bucks.
Revenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
madgamer2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenile View Post
What you probably saw was the fact the 9 had a line through it and thought it was a 0, it's actually an easy mistake to make sometimes when you aren't looking closely, the game is 20 bucks when not on sale. Although it wasn't as good a sale as the last holiday sale when I picked it up for 5 bucks.
I thought this to but I got an email from steam saying it was $10 that was crossed out as i said and the due to there automated sales system no credit or refund was possible, but the maybe even the response was automated even though it was signed by a human name LOL

madgamer2
madgamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls III