Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APOX

Old 01-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
hkwh01

Banned
Better performance?

I got a mid-high end computer (Gtx570 , intel core 2 duo e7200 , 3gbram (my cpu not very good)) , but I can only get around 40-50 fps (my eyes will be very uncomfortable in any games lower than 60 fps) even I turned most of the things low in option in 3v3 single play.
I think this game graphic is quite simple comparing to other games,why it takes so much resources to run the game? Maybe too much caculation on the units, too much players or some coding I don't know.
I was expecting this game should have a better performance than nowadays rts games because it said it can handle 32 players. I didn't try 32 players yet, I already got bad perf in 3v3 I can't imagine how it will be in 32 players.
I think this game is need higher computer specification than company of heroes, dawn of war series,and command and conquer ,ruse, I can have about 75 fps around in those games even the settings are medium to high in 1440x900 resolution.
I don't think the graphic of this game is better than those rts games, but it needs much more requirements, thats strange, maybe the program got some problem, the codding can be optimize,simplify, and let the game run smoother like the old game "trash"?
Im afraid to recommand this game to any of my friends because their computer aren't so good too, some just using laptop, when I bought this game, the main reason is the graphic is simple and it should run extremely smooth without any lag, so all my friends online can enjoy and play with me even on their old computer, to make it become a common game, not just for people who have good machine.

Last edited by hkwh01: 01-28-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
Borba

I'll let this fall into the developers' hands, but I can add that my 3 years old desktop, Windows 7, Q6600 (2.40ghz), 4gb ram and a 8800 gtx, runs the game pretty well on low detail (haven't tried higher), with shadows and anti-aliasing off, on 1680x1050.

Even on a 32 player game, which I tried yesterday, it ran fine with only a little bit stutter at certain times.
Borba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
hkwh01

Banned
did you use fraps and check how much fps you got at average? do internet connection to the servers affect performance even in single play?
hkwh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:27 PM   #4
ashwinsudhir

@hwkh01, what graphics settings are you playing at? With your config you should be easily getting 60fps at the lowest settings unless other programs are running in the background. The only bottleneck I can see is memory(3GB RAM). So try it at lowest with nothing else running; hopefully will be better.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
Besle

i'm having some major performance problems, and i doubt it's my driver or setup (Just formatted, so all new drivers)

Here is my setup:
Phenom II X2 550BE @ Phenom II X4 B50 3.50 ghz Triple Core
4GB DDR3 CL9 1600mhz
HD5850 DirectCU
20/2mb connection

I lag and stutter like hell, on all settings, with and without shadows and AA.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:06 PM   #6
ashwinsudhir

@Besle That's very strange, we have test machines that are very similar to your config
2 Cores
4G RAM
HD5860
and I get 50+ at medium graphics settings consistently.

One possibility is that the graphics settings changes that you made are not taking effect. Have you double checked your graphics settings while in a game?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APOX