Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source > Custom Maps

Old 02-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
INsane_dod

[REL] dod_old_mainz ...final

Gone as far as I can go with this now, adjusted a few things and it should be close to the old map and have a few enhancements to make it playable on source.

Thanks to Splatt, his reports are first class, best in the business. Thanks to sawcoach and SAW clan for testing.
Models: Ukulele, Waldo, pedroleum
c0w80y for making this for the old dod.

Features:
New paths make this less of a bottle neck map like the old one was.
5 Flags, one center double cap and 4 instant walk through flags.
Close to the old map as possible in structure and size. Allies Spawn ... Center ... Axis spawn

VIDEO walk through of a beta version before extra paths added

DOWNLOAD
Old 02-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #2
sawcoach

We gave this a run last night & it played extremely well. The decrease in the time for flag caps worked much better imo & enabled multiple capouts with approx 8 per side. Look forward to playing with a full server but forsee no problems. WD.
sawcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
Col.Krust

I need to play this...... one of my fav of the old maps. Used to play this often at one of my old favorite haunts......Remember the Mainz (RtM), great server and group of guys who got together after their experiences in BFE (Battle for Europe).

thanks Insane for remaking this!!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
limit

My clan and i played this map last night its a realy good map to play and the new ways around the map help alot nice work insane
please keep them coming
Old 02-09-2011, 01:16 AM   #5
INsane_dod

Quote:
Originally Posted by limit View Post
My clan and i played this map last night its a realy good map to play and the new ways around the map help alot nice work insane
please keep them coming
Thanks, I still like how the old map was set up, unlike a lot of players I actually like "choke point" maps and I know quite a few that also like to play the hard to cap maps. But "choke point" maps are hated by a larger number of players... so extra routes it was

dod_lerouge is another one I like along with the old dod_switch and dod_arch.... love those tight, hard maps.
INsane_dod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #6
Punishment

Switch was always fun. I don't know why nobody ever really tried to port it to Source. Or did I just volunteer there?
Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #7
INsane_dod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punishment View Post
Switch was always fun. I don't know why nobody ever really tried to port it to Source. Or did I just volunteer there?
Yay! your it . Actually my page has Formologic23 making it.

I also have a blockwork copy worked out... every 64 units it has a cross section of the old blockwork.
If you need it I can upload it. I have even started the allies spawn

Also someone has made a copy of this already, (not sure if it is the exploding wall type) but it is bland, well done but bland and there does not seem to be any optimization and it runs poorly...
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Download

So I say..do it! One is made but badly and the other looks like it never started... and I have some framework to start you off!

Last edited by INsane_dod: 02-09-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Links
Old 02-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
Punishment

I knew somebody had dibs on it, but I haven't heard about it in years. I may give it a try, but I'd probably decompile the original and build it that way. I can't promise anything, but we'll see.
Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #9
INsane_dod

Sent you a download link in case you need the framework I did one afternoon last year (was bored and knocked out the slices)

Use it or not, it is the old map decompiled, image slices made and placed on blocks and aligned up to entities so the scale is set as the old maps walls actually were.

Most of the old walls from the decompile are removed, old key entities still there... like flags, the old light/model to orientate positions.
Makes the base work go real quick.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #10
Eddyz Aquila

Epic, thank you Insane for your work. I hope you won't quit any time soon.
Eddyz Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #11
Deadbringer

up and running on our server

87.96.172.245:29015

theswedes.se

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Day of Defeat: Source > Custom Maps