Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dino D-Day

Old 03-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #1
c_b_fofep

Dino D-Day - Bugs!!

Post here if you have found some bugs that we need to know about.

c_b_fofep
Old 03-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
TioChuck

CPU usage is kinda buggy.
TioChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
MADDOGGE

Saw the trailer yesterday and LMAO and love it but do I understand the game is only MP?
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
c_b_fofep

Yes, its multiplayer only right now but we have plans in place to release singleplayer/co-op content. Coming soon!
c_b_fofep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #5
lokis222

In the game, on some guns, sighting down the barrel is problematic. The animation is jerky and a bit painful to watch as it moves from the normal view to aiming down the site. You can tell when people are on the floor above you because the shadow can be seen on the ceiling. The single shot guns are too weak. The dinosaur gun is way too strong with how fast it shoots and the damge it does.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
jesterspawn

800 North
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokis222 View Post
In the game, on some guns, sighting down the barrel is problematic. The animation is jerky and a bit painful to watch as it moves from the normal view to aiming down the site. You can tell when people are on the floor above you because the shadow can be seen on the ceiling. The single shot guns are too weak. The dinosaur gun is way too strong with how fast it shoots and the damge it does.
The single-shot guns are currently pretty powerful. For example, the unscoped K98 carried by Streicher (while definitely a slow rate of fire) is a one-shot kill on headshots and two-shot kill anywhere else on the body. Jakob Frank's flechette gun is also a one-shot kill within a certain range.

You're right about the Desmatosuchus' gun being overpowered. We're currently working on a couple changes to balance him out.
jesterspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #7
MADDOGGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_b_fofep View Post
Yes, its multiplayer only right now but we have plans in place to release singleplayer/co-op content. Coming soon!
Thanks, I'm not really much of a MP guy don't play often enough to make it worth while. Sp if you get to it would interest me though as you can never have too many dinosaurs.

In fact we were discussing a lack of games with dino's in them a couple of weeks back.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #8
Mr_Roboto

The Desmotauchus gun while it does self damage when shot close by, at point blank range it does no damage, and in fact you can shoot it through walls if you stand right next to the wall. I didnt test any other guns to see if I would get similar results.
Mr_Roboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #9
leadingrunner

I can't make the STEAM screenshots public for some reason but some things I've noticed

Dilophosaur clipping through walls. Can get about half the body through. Works with goat in mouth. Don't know if goat can be spit through walls.

Halo. There seems to be a halo around everything, at least for me.

Don't know if it's intentional but with the Velociraptor it is possible to get on top of the boarded covering over the outside ring path to the center. I'm not talking about the boards over vendor stalls.
leadingrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #10
jesterspawn

800 North
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadingrunner View Post
I can't make the STEAM screenshots public for some reason but some things I've noticed

Dilophosaur clipping through walls. Can get about half the body through. Works with goat in mouth. Don't know if goat can be spit through walls.

Halo. There seems to be a halo around everything, at least for me.

Don't know if it's intentional but with the Velociraptor it is possible to get on top of the boarded covering over the outside ring path to the center. I'm not talking about the boards over vendor stalls.
I also was having trouble making a Steam screenshot of DDD public. That may have something to do with it not yet having an official Steam page.

The issue with the dilophosaur's head is known, and only happens in certain instances. For example, you shouldn't be able to put his head through a wall when approaching it straight, but there are rare instances (walking halfway through a door, then strafing) in which it is possible to have his head inside. (I just checked and you can throw a goat this way.) This is actually due to a limitation of the way player collision hulls are handled in the engine, and as the current fix works for the majority of gameplay it's not really at the top of the list of things to address.

The halo around things is deliberate. It was a stylistic choice, as we're going for sort of a "hyper-real" approach, rather than strict realism.

Regarding the raptor, we wanted to retain a few places where he can reach high points, such as the area you mentioned. We realize at certain heights raptors are able to "break" the skybox illusion, but that is the price we pay for allowing him greater freedom. (Have you visited the "raptor cafe" area above the balcony? ) There are playerclips in place that should prevent him from reaching any areas that truly break the game (like falling through the map) so let us know if you encounter anything like that.
jesterspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #11
Tim Curry

Banned
Some how while playing, a Raptor got stuck in the Ally's spawn.

Don't know how, but it did happen.
Tim Curry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #12
tangyrobot

definitely need to fix the infinite stickybombs!!
tangyrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #13
PersianImm0rtal

idk if you figured this out yet, but I found out how to do this bug to get into allied spawn as a raptor, if you jump on someone and they walk into allied spawn
Old 03-04-2011, 03:40 AM   #14
tangyrobot

i catch on corners as dilophosaurus a lot! have to kinda jiggle around for a second to get free
tangyrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #15
FeuerSturm

StG44:
- The bullet tracers originate on the far left of the screen, no way near the end of the barrel of the weapon.
FeuerSturm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dino D-Day