Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Plants vs. Zombies

Old 03-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
Amy

The effect of the night

If i understand correctly, the only effect of the night is you can't get sun from the sky?

I know during the day you can't plant mushroom, but is there's any of this effect when trying to plant at night these plants you unlock in the first levels of the day?

Thanks
Old 03-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
strawzombie

It's been a LOOONG time since I played this game, but I think you are fine planting the plants you unlocked during the day levels. You just need to get your sun elsewhere.

http://plantsvszombies.wikia.com/wiki/Night
strawzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #3
Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawzombie View Post
It's been a LOOONG time since I played this game, but I think you are fine planting the plants you unlocked during the day levels. You just need to get your sun elsewhere.

http://plantsvszombies.wikia.com/wiki/Night
Even if it's not say the plant fall asleep during night it say in the description

Peashooter

Peashooters are your first line of defense. They shoot peas at attacking zombies.
Damage: normal

How can a single plant grow and shoot so many peas so quickly? Peashooter says, "Hard work, commitment, and a healthy, well-balanced breakfast of sunlight and high-fiber carbon dioxide make it all possible."

Cost: 100

Recharge: fast

So i was wondering if it's falling asleep or doing less damage during the night :P

Thanks
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
A Guy

Sure, you can plant day-time plants at night, but you should go with mushrooms because they're cheaper.
A Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:45 AM   #5
Heavy Weapons

Mushrooms fall asleep during the day, but day plants stay awake round the clock. As said above, the limitation is that they're a lot more costly. Sun-shrooms cost half as much as sunflowers, and puff-shrooms (the basic nighttime weapon) have no cost at all, and recharge fairly rapidly. With just sun-shrooms you might go through the whole level and never put aside enough sun to plant a Threepeater or Melon Pult. (Don't even bother with Cob Cannons.)

Sun-shrooms give tiny sundrops at first (15 sun) for several rounds, then grow to full size and start giving normal 25-sun drops. Sunflowers will give sun at night, but not as often as sun-shrooms. I usually mix them. Plant a row of sun-shrooms, and then a row of sunflowers behind them, since with sunflowers, when they do cough up, they give full-value, no waiting. And flowers can be doubled with the improvement seed, unlike sun-shrooms.

Shrooms can also be used in the daytime. Plant the shroom, and then plant a coffee bean on it to wake it up. Sometimes its a good strategy. Sometimes not.

The other effects of nighttime have to do with landscape and weather. You only get gravestones at night (and only on the front yard), each of which generates a zombie during the final wave, so you have to plan around them (either gravebusters to clear them away, or something to drop in front of them to block the lane). And you only get fog at night around the pool, so you need to devote a seed slot to something that helps you see through it or clear it away.
Heavy Weapons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:28 AM   #6
SA_ChooChoo

Banned
Remember your COFFEE BEAN! This plant allows you to use mushrooms during day time.
SA_ChooChoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Plants vs. Zombies