Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wonderful End of the World, The

Old 04-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
Vulpis

Okay, fun's fun, but where's my save file.

Right. Potatoes, cute joke. But not so cute is that this little prank has wiped my save file for the game. I am wondering if this is an issue with just Wonderful End of the World, or with *all* the games in this 'Potato Pack'? As it stands now, you're already costing Steam sales of the pack due to the problem. :-/
Old 04-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
Land of plenty

You know the only thing sadder than the fact there are so few threads in this forum is that there are people to lazy to read them.
Land of plenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
Amander

Solution to the savegame problem found
Amander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #4
tacc

It barely takes one hour to get an A+ on all levels again so I don't see any problem.

Quote:
As it stands now, you're already costing Steam sales of the pack due to the problem. :-/
Yeah, people won't buy this pack now since they will loose a savegame they never had.
tacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
Vulpis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacc View Post
It barely takes one hour to get an A+ on all levels again so I don't see any problem.

Yeah, people won't buy this pack now since they will loose a savegame they never had.
Nope. More like 'Hey, I'm thinking about buying this indie pack--I know you have one of the games already, so is it any good?' 'Yeah, but the patch that went up with the pack wipes your save file.' 'Ohh...if that's the kind of quality to be expected, I don't think I want to bother buying it until they fix the bugs.'
Vulpis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:26 AM   #6
Amander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpis View Post
Nope. More like 'Hey, I'm thinking about buying this indie pack--I know you have one of the games already, so is it any good?' 'Yeah, but the patch that went up with the pack wipes your save file.' 'Ohh...if that's the kind of quality to be expected, I don't think I want to bother buying it until they fix the bugs.'
It doesn't wipe it, it's just placed someplace else. I got all my grades back, you should too.
Amander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:00 AM   #7
Jalan

AFAIK, The Wonderful End of the World was the only game to suffer (in a minor way) from the potato update. If I were betting on what game would have been the most likely to suffer from it, I would have laid down money on Super Meat Boy. Losing the save there would've resulted in a massive outpouring of rage.

That said, that The Wonderful End of the World received any updates at all is miraculous and offsets the unforeseen error in regard to the saves getting wiped err, misplaced.

Last edited by Jalan: 04-07-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Jalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:14 AM   #8
Jalan

...or, maybe just maybe, replay the game and earn the grades again. Kind of an excuse to play it if you've left it to gather digital dust.
Jalan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wonderful End of the World, The