Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DETOUR

Old 05-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
SNDZag1

Sandswept Studios
*new* DETOUR v1.2 Release! Feedback/Bugs here!

Hello DETOUR fans!

We've been hard at work getting things fixed up. Today (Monday, the 13th of June), a new update will roll out with the following fixes:

DETOUR v1.2 Patch Notes
Quote:
- 28 Achievements have been added to DETOUR! You can view the full list of achievements here; http://www.sandswept.net/detour-achievements
- Truck Themes added! You can now stylize your trucks! Themes unlock when you acquire certain achievements. You can change your truck theme in the multiplayer lobby.
- GAME MECHANIC CHANGE: Building on a recently destroyed tile will now have a longer cooldown for the player who previously owned it. (4 second cooldown instead of 2 for every one else)
- Symmetry modes in the map editor are now correctly labeled
- Some memory usage has been decreased, we are no longer loading certain images in the background
- Wetlands water now displays properly
- Lobby ready signal should not longer be out of sync with clients and host
- Turrets now properly lock out at the max limit of 3
- Neutral turrets placed in map editor are now properly claimable in game
- Text chat dropshadow removed, no longer double stacked. Text chat should look much cleaner now.
- Trucks no longer treat tunnels like road when pathing, and will not longer remain stuck near turrets if there is another route.
- Party leader can no longer be changed in lobbies via menu option. Party leader only auto-switches to another player when host leaves the lobby.
- Character heads on Challenge screen are no longer too high on some resolutions.
- Merger mode has been removed until it functions as intended.
- Trucks to Win no longer carries over from singleplayer challenges to multiplayer lobbies (which was causing trucks to win default to be 3, instead of 10)
- Scanner Towers cost 5 credits down from 9.
- Police and Nail popped-tire announcements no longer claim you are the victim of the attack when you are not.
- Air turrets will no longer shoot down bombs of players on the same team.
Here's how you can give us feedback.

1) Post it here, or over at http://www.sandswept.net.

2) Don't be a jerk! Be polite about whatever feedback you're giving. Let's keep this friendly so we can get through the issues that we're bound to experience post-release.

3) Found a bug/crash/other? Use this form.
Quote:
Issue: (Describe what happened/isn't happening)

Reproduction Steps: (If you know what they are, this helps us a lot, the more detailed the better!)

Expected: (What you think should be happening instead)

Computer Specs: (Optional, but it could always give us a bit more insight. Be sure to mention if it's a Laptop vs. a desktop PC. This does matter unfortunately.
4) Other issues and their short-term fixes:
- DETOUR does not minimize properly. We do not recommend alt+tabbing or minimizing DETOUR where it can be avoided, it will crash the game.

We have no further plans to update DETOUR past version 1.2, unless something incredibly pressing emerges. This does not mean we will discontinue support of the community and forums, or change our mind in the future! We're simply getting started on our next thing, and have only so many hands for code!

Thanks for being absolutely awesome with your playing and feedback! Pardon Our Dust!

Last edited by SNDZag1: 06-13-2011 at 03:28 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
SNDZag1

Sandswept Studios
We've also added a hotfix that prevented some kind of lockout when doing Survival/Turret Defense game modes. You should no longer run into that issue when that update rolls out, either tonight or tomorrow.

SNDZag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:40 PM   #3
TimppaPro

I am sorry to tell but this game is still unplayable in multiplayer.

Issue: Trucks not moving

Screenshot number one

Another screenshot taken 20 seconds later, trucks are still at the same spot. And those aren't "dead", they just won't move.

Expected: Trucks... Moving? There was a direct path to the goal area, they just did not move.
TimppaPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
SNDZag1

Sandswept Studios
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimppaPro View Post
I am sorry to tell but this game is still unplayable in multiplayer.
That's a very general statement based off one instance of trucks not moving. If you had a screenshot with the minimap up, that would help a lot more (We can't see the whole layout there, like where the road connects to the end, so we have no idea what's wrong)

Your trucks can't go through your turret, so if your path is over the left-side bridge, that explains it. If you're connected over the middle bridge, or the right bridge, then either you never connected, or something is bugged. Again, we can't see the top end of the map there, so I can't really tell you what's wrong.

Edit:
I've basically reproduced this. The issue you're running into is that the road the trucks were on (the one with a turret in the path) was connected. If you simply disconnected it from the end of the map, they would take any other route. It's a small bug where trucks act as though turrets are passable (as they're part of the road) but they should really be viewed as a non-pathable tile.

We'll get this fixed, but in the meantime (and even after it's fixed), please remember that any connected road gets huge bias for truck pathing. If you have trucks you want taking another route, just delete the end of the road they're trapped on so it's no longer connected. That will immediately make them see the other connected roads as a much better choice. If you have multiple routes connected, they will take what they as the very quickest, but if you intentionally want them going another way, simple disconnect the quickest route.

That said, you have found a small, rather rare bug. Thanks for pointing it out. Any other case of truck pathing should work just fine.

DETOUR multiplayer is highly playable right now. We're also working on any lobby joining issues. If you have issues with not seeing players (I did see your other screenshots), simply have the invisible player exit the lobby and rejoin. We'll try to have that fixed soon.

Edit 2:
This issue has been corrected and will be in the next update you receive on Steam. Thanks!

Last edited by SNDZag1: 05-29-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
SNDZag1

Sandswept Studios
We're getting some reports of a "String" exception error when trying to play a challenge or MP game, possibly having to do with having really obscure characters in your Steam display name. (Foreign characters, etc)

If anyone is encountering this issue, we'd love the error report on it so we can fix it for you!

Old 05-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #6
gnoj

It would be nice if there would be some button in turret mode, which would speed up the game
gnoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:45 AM   #7
SNDZag1

Sandswept Studios
We are aware of a crash introduced in Patch 1.2, involving the mouse wheel and certain singleplayer challenges (and possibly other places)

We'll get a hotfix for this real quick here.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #8
Flexscan

I didnt play this game v1.0, due to key issue. Just now I played 1.2.1, key issue have solved, but truck can not see at challenge. Challenge 1, transparent truck is goal.
Flexscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #9
SNDZag1

Sandswept Studios
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexscan View Post
I didnt play this game v1.0, due to key issue. Just now I played 1.2.1, key issue have solved, but truck can not see at challenge. Challenge 1, transparent truck is goal.
Should be fixed now. v1.2.2

Old 06-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #10
Flexscan

Hi! Isuue is solved by v1.2.2.
Though, sometimes result screen is all zero. It's not everytime.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:43 PM   #11
SNDZag1

Sandswept Studios
Glad to hear it's fixed!
Enjoy!

Old 06-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #12
Moe45673

This game looks mad fun but I'm a bit worried with all the bugs everyone is reporting. I am encouraged by you totally fixing them in almost realtime as they're reported.

At 5 bucks I almost pulled the trigger but I'm going to hold off a bit and see if it gets any cheaper during the Summer sale. As a starving student, I want to buy as many games as I can and so far I've only bought one at $2.50.

Still, I will probably own this by the end of the summer sale. It's on my wishlist!
Moe45673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:47 AM   #13
SNDZag1

Sandswept Studios
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe45673 View Post
This game looks mad fun but I'm a bit worried with all the bugs everyone is reporting. I am encouraged by you totally fixing them in almost realtime as they're reported.
Hey Moe,
Let's see if I can ease your worries...

The majority (if not all) of the crucial bugs you've seen reported have been fixed, so you are looking at the forums here in a past-tense.

I'd say it's pretty awesome and bug free to the point where it wouldn't destroy your experience. No need to worry there!

We'll be totally open and say that it's best you probably pick it up with some friends, or at least mingle with other DETOUR fans in order to find a game. That's where you will have the most fun (ever!)*

*Fun not guaranteed to be the most fun ever but still within acceptable levels of fun

Old 07-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #14
Flexscan

Lightbulb

Hi dev and stuff!
Just my 2 cent suggestion: I wish to modified game event message.

When oponent disturb me, display message at center of screen and more more large font.

'Flex's missile is destroyed your truck and roads !'
'Zag1's EMP is stunned your truck !'
(name is tam color)

Also if opponet's truck is goal.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #15
AeneasXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNDZag1 View Post
Hey Moe,
Let's see if I can ease your worries...

The majority (if not all) of the crucial bugs you've seen reported have been fixed, so you are looking at the forums here in a past-tense.

I'd say it's pretty awesome and bug free to the point where it wouldn't destroy your experience. No need to worry there!

We'll be totally open and say that it's best you probably pick it up with some friends, or at least mingle with other DETOUR fans in order to find a game. That's where you will have the most fun (ever!)*

*Fun not guaranteed to be the most fun ever but still within acceptable levels of fun
So let me analyse your (very self-destructive) post here:
There are no GAMESTOPPING bugs anymore, but still plenty little ones.

You advise him he should get it with some friends, because in fact there are NO people online to play with!

and then you went on saying, that you won't have good fun with this game, but it only will be somewhat-fun to play. (acceptable levels of fun? sounds awful lol)

This is the worst marketing you could have ever done for your game! Are you trying to ruin yourself? oO
Why don't Sandswept Studios let someone else be "Community Manager" here? This is freaking hilarious!

ps: If I recall correctly here you even said that you aren't going to improve the game anymore after patch 1.2...
AeneasXI is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DETOUR