Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > ProtoGalaxy

Old 06-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
zuvembi

A nice little game, or a waste of Dosh?

Sooo, I've sort of looked at this game before, but never really felt like I needed to buy it. I would especially like to know how people feel about the multiplayer? I'd like to buy the four pack and give one to my brother and few other people.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
Wulf2k

I don't have any actual answers for you, but with the sale price I just picked up a 4 pack. Based on the concept of the game, I'm going to assume that between four people we'll each get $2.50 worth of entertainment from it at least.

Won't be able to check it out till I get home from work though.
Wulf2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
mr_realization

I'd like to know if it's worth it too. I'll download the demo when I get home from work but would love to hear from someone that owns it and likes/dislikes the game before I buy the four-pack.
mr_realization is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:33 AM   #4
Wulf2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulf2k View Post
I'm going to assume that between four people we'll each get $2.50 worth of entertainment from it at least.
Well, that's what happens when I assume...

Couldn't even get 4 player started. Everybody clicked Ready, host only saw 1-2 people ready, the other players all saw different people not ready. Switched to somebody else hosting, same thing. Can't even get a multiplayer game started.

Piece of crap. Single player seemed kind of klunky, the only reason I got it was for multi. Waste of mother fudging money.
Wulf2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
Kaese

My first impression is "how can you ship your game with the worst user interface in gaming history?"
Hidden under this user interface (if you can get through it in the beginning without ragequitting) is a fairly simple topdown shooter.
It seems alot sandboxy, has upgrades, 4 player online coop, achievements and more..
I don't know tho.
I personally don't like the levels where the screen has a fixed movement, I would rather explore on my own and it feels kinda floaty in general.
Also chances are that I can't get any of my friends to buy it because of the bad first impression especially in the demo.
For 3€ tho, why not?
I bought way worse games for way more.
Kaese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:07 PM   #6
Brandon90

From the tutorial, the user interface seems easy.
Looks like a cool game. it tries to play like a shmups, but then does feel a little sandboxy.

not gonna get it though, im into traditional shmups
Brandon90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
freibooter

The sale price and the concept where somewhat interesting, interesting enough to try the dome for me.

It almost immediately reminded me of this:

http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000...2651.strip.gif

and

http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000...2652.strip.gif

I think I need a very special doctor now.

There may be a solid game somewhere under all this mess, but I doubt it's good enough to make up for this ...
freibooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
zuvembi

That ummm, doesn't sound good. Especially the doctor's prognosis. I'm an engineer who has been known to design some UIs. I wonder how many of my co-workers I've killed?

I know there was an update or two in April, I was hoping some of the issues had been fixed. That doesn't sound very promising.
zuvembi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #9
Zaric

It takes a about 2 mins to learn the right-click menu after which the game is just fine. Those unable or unwilling to take 2 mins to learn anything best not buy this.

For everyone else, it's worth the $3.40.
Zaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #10
AlienHuntinYeti

Man, I really don't have any money to spend...

But what the hell. It's only tree fitty.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #11
CHiZZoPs

I think this game is well worth the money--especially if you can get it for $3.50!

It's an indie game that is supported with love my the developer, not one of those games stamped out and forgotten by the big wigs.

They have consistently shown that they listen to our feedback and patch issues and bugs that we report. They've already improved the interface and many other things. I definitely have the occasional bug in multiplayer, but have spent many a pleasurable hour blasting baddies with friends.

Bring on the DLCs!
CHiZZoPs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > ProtoGalaxy