Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cat and the Coup, The

Old 06-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
nicknak

Books on the subject of this game

I really love this game but obviously its somewhat tilted against the UK and US and is no substitution for reading a book on the subject.

Anyone know of any books on the subject perhaps even some explaining the overthrow from the US perspective. Always Curious to see both sides of the story and learn more about history (I'm a history minor in college but my focus isn't on the middle east)

Old 06-19-2011, 12:02 AM   #2
Kiarash

There should be from Iran side, but I did read a book recently "The Fifties" which kinda talks about this generaly though. Doesn't take anyone's side.
Kiarash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #3
kampa532

The best and latest most serious and comprehensive book on the subject is: "Mohammad Mosaddeq and the 1953 Coup in Iran" Edited by Mark J. Gasiorowski and Malcolm Byrne.

http://www.amazon.com/Mohammad-Mosad...8535447&sr=8-2

It's a collection of essays based on a series of conferences given at Oxford University for the 50th anniversary of the Coup.

There are many books on the subject, but they are either old (and do not take into account the latest archival material) or somewhat politically motivated... The 1953 Coup is a difficult and emotional issue - so the above mentioned book is a good start...
Old 06-20-2011, 06:01 AM   #4
stinkfinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknak View Post
(I'm a history minor in college but my focus isn't on the middle east)
Proquest? EBSCO?
stinkfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
Zombologist

When I first saw this game on Steam I was quite sceptical that it maybe propaganda, supported by the regime in Iran. So I did a bit of research and found this: http://www.nytimes.com/library/world...cia-index.html

I'm not an American, but I know The New York Times is regarded with very high journalistic integrity within the United States.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cat and the Coup, The