Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hydrophobia: Prophecy

Old 06-29-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
pyropyro78

Worth buying at sale or even full price?

This game seems to have a lot of mixed reviews. Putting the fancy graphics aside, what do you guys think of the overall story and gameplay? does this game have potential to play again?
Old 06-29-2011, 12:36 AM   #2
int_civ

For $3, this game is absolutely worth it, just to play with the water physics in that atmosphere.

The overall story, however, is not very strong, and actual combat leaves a lot to be desired. But, just moving through the place and the "feeling" of how water affects your movements and actions is just fantastic.

This is not a great game. But, it is good enough. Maybe it's not worth the full $12 (though that's what I paid and I'm not really disappointed at that price), but it is definitely worth $3.
int_civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:50 AM   #3
pyropyro78

int_civ, thank you for that, I actually want the game now, but do you feel this is a title that can be gone back to a month down the road and played again? or is it just a once through kind of game?
pyropyro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:54 AM   #4
ProudTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyropyro78 View Post
int_civ, thank you for that, I actually want the game now, but do you feel this is a title that can be gone back to a month down the road and played again? or is it just a once through kind of game?
I wouldn't play it again but I"m a puzzle hater.
Portal and Braid are games I suck at even if I spent 5 hours a day on them,I still wouldn't be able to beat them.

Way above my brain space hehe.

If you like getting your brains fried more than drinking 10 beers but without the high,go for it.

It's a 70 percent type of game but for 3 bux,you can't lose.
ProudTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:56 AM   #5
avidwriter

I got it. It has some mixed but generally positive reviews, and for $3 it's worth it. I could go to McDonald's and get 3 dollar menu items or this game. I made the right choice.
avidwriter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hydrophobia: Prophecy