Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Puzzle Dimension

Old 07-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
deckerb

Unusual Problem with PD

I recently downloaded PD from Steam. Used the game for a couple of days with no problem. When I opened it one night, the menu page was scrolling through the menu choices in a manner that was like someone was holding down on one of the arrow keys. I was able to time it just right and hit "play", but the same thing happened. So even though I was successful in getting into a game, it automatically moved the ball as soon as the puzzle began. I thought it might be a problem with my keyboard, but it does it whether or not the keyboard is plugged in. I only load it through Steam, so its not that either. Did contact PD customer support, and they thought it may be an update issue and they said they would apply a new update. However no new update yet. Also, a couple of nights later it did load up fine, but after a day or so, the problem started again, and has been that way for days.
Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:44 AM   #2
pulchr

Did you ever reconfigure any of the keys in the game?

Do you have any other controllers connected such as gamepads?

Special keyboard? any other information that might be relevant?
pulchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #3
deckerb

Thanks for your reply.
No to all your questions. I have nothing other than my keyboard.
It's fairly intermittent. I was able to play last week for a couple of days, then it's back doing it again. As mentioned, I've even re booted without the keyboard plugged in, and same thing happens. The fact that I seem to be the only one having this problem would point to my system. But if that was the case, then I would think it would do it all the time, rather than intermittently.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
pulchr

Yes, it sounds strange and I'm afraid I don't know what else to test.

If you have one day when it works correctly you might try to make a backup of the config file in the "puzzle dimension" folder in the steamapps/common folder (might be another location on your computer?). And see if the date or filesize changes on a day when it doesn't work.

Maybe it get's overwritten or something strange.
pulchr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Puzzle Dimension