if the game is crashing when you select the timed or relaxed mode, follow the instructions to solve the issue. If you are a tech geek the short version is that we force DDA.exe to load our flash player instead of the latest one installed in Windows.
Due to license restictions of Adobe Flash Player the list of instructions is quite long, but it works.
- Download older Flash Player from http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...us_archive.zip
- Remove the latest Adobe Flash from Windows, don't worry, we will install it again later.
- Extract flashplayer9r280_winax.exe and run it.
- When completed make a folder on desktop (choose any convenient name) and copy the OCX file from C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash (64bit Windows) or C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash (32bit Windows) to your folder. Then rename the OCX file to "Flash10u.ocx" (no quotes).
- Download scripts from http://ifile.it/ozhm6ar/DDA_script_only.zip and save them to your folder on desktop.
- Uninstall the old Flash player and install the latest one from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.
- If your Steam is not installed in default path (means C:\Program files\steam or C:\Program files (x86)\steam), you have to edit the scripts, just right click the corresponding file (32bit Windows script ends with "x86" and 64bit Windows ends with "x64") and choose Edit. Then read the lines starting with REM and correctly update the paths (SET=...). Save it.
- Now move all files from your folder (two BAT files and the OCX file) to the folder where DDA is installed (which is Steam directory and then steamapps\common\dinertown detective agency). Administator rights might be needed. DDA.exe must be located there, you can also search for it.
- Right-click the corresponding script (32bit Windows script ends with "x86" and 64bit Windows ends with "x64") and select Run as Administrator. It might be more pleasant to have a link on desktop pointing at the script directly, but you have to run it as Administrator.
- Note: When you play DDA, you use older Flash player and your latest Flash player is blocked. Do not open any web browser or do not run any other Flash game while you run DDA.exe. This includes also other users currently working on the same computer on different desktop.
- Note 2: While you play DDA in windowed mode (Alt+Enter), you will see a black box of Command promt, that is fine, do not close it!
- Note 3: When DDA is uninstalled from Steam you might need to remove these files manually. Also Steam Integrity check might remove the scripts and the OCX file (not tested).
- Note 4: When DDA is updated and running with Flash 10, the scripts and the OCX file can be deleted.
Enjoy and post if it works also on your computers.