Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wonderful End of the World, The

Old 07-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
dejobaan

Dejobaan Games, LLC
About the Wonderful Bladder Achievement

Holy cow. It looks like I misjudged this achievement big time. We figured folks would just play through the game and get a ticket, and were expecting more of the response we got from Ridnarhtim...

> Well, I just did this in under an hour, and I was very happy to play through the game again (which I probably wouldn't have done anytime soon without the ticket). So I liked it =)

...but also understand that others are having a reaction more like Herope's...

> I respect that valve put work into this (along with the devs), but achievements like SMB and this are just a bit too crazy and make me not enjoy the game like I hoped :/ I enjoy these events as it makes me try new games, but PLEASE do not do achievments that make me have to run through a game in a small time frame.

We're really experimenting -- this is the first time Valve's run a Summer Camp event -- and we're finding out what works and what doesn't. I appreciate those who have posted with constructive criticism (though I also realize that some people want to vent, and that's fine too).

I'll leave it at that for now. Again, thanks to those who stepped up and backed us up, even though this is probably our least popular achievement to date.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
Darth Z

Would have been better if it was similar to the Library Donut or the Bronto.

Like picking up summer themed items. In either an existing level, or a new beach level.

Long achievements aren't overall popular with limited time events.

Still like the game, reminds me of Katamari which I really liked, but isn't on PC.
Darth Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
Shartsworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Z View Post

Like picking up summer themed items. In either an existing level, or a new beach level.
That would of been great! I haven't tried the achievement yet and I don't know if I will, nevertheless it's a fun game.
Shartsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
hat

Quote:

Long achievements aren't overall popular with limited time events.

Still like the game, reminds me of Katamari which I really liked, but isn't on PC.
This is a good idea. Like you said, there's nothing wrong with long, grinding achievements (although in comparison, this one isn't that bad), but when there's a limited time to complete them, they can be very daunting. Especially after some of the achievements we've had... Super Meat Boy's to name just one.

So, unfortunately I am somewhat displeased with this achievement. Like I said it's not a bad idea for an achievement, but with limited time, I'm going to have one shot at this when I get home (not to mention updates and stuff), and if I don't get it then, I can't get it.
Wish me luck!
hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:29 AM   #5
MithranArkanere

Quote:

[...]
Yup. Something like:
"Get ready for the beach
Grab a couple of towels, a couple of beach chairs, one beach parasol, sunscreen, a basket and some food"

And make sure all of that is in one map.
MithranArkanere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
Nuggy

Maybe take off the ridiculous "...finish it in one sitting." part and it might be fun to do over a couple days.

Game like this is meant to be played 15-20 minutes at a time. And not force you to grind it out for over an hour and get nowhere because you still have 1 or 2 levels stuck at A-.
Nuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #7
kinkoblast

If you reduced the score requirement on Cafe Internets it would hurt less. I've tried *eight ing times* now and I STILL can't get above A-
kinkoblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
lonfar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkoblast View Post
If you reduced the score requirement on Cafe Internets it would hurt less. I've tried *eight ing times* now and I STILL can't get above A-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iVSK...t=HL1310075451
Try folowing this, i did 5 times and never managed to get until watching that following the path
lonfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #9
SilverStar

The problem with this achievement, is for the people who don't own the game. Playing it and getting good enough to be able to beat it in "one sitting", without being distracted or called off to do something else, takes a lot more than a single hour, when you need to get a high enough score on every level to unlock Megalopolis.

It also doesn't help with having to struggle with the bugs in the game, instead of being able to sit down and play through it intuitively. That alone is a cause for having to redo levels, when you get caught on a wall and can't do anything for up to 10 seconds, before the game spontaneously decides to let you move.

A better way would have been to create a new, massive/recursive level, and give it a 1 hour time and let people go about as they please in it.
SilverStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #10
WhiteCarnation

I would love this achievement if there wasn't such a time limit on it. I really like big impossible things like this, always a good challenge, but it's a bit too narrow when it's on a clock.
WhiteCarnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #11
Lucky Leaf

I love you dejobaan, this is a fun challenging little thing and it lets me replay one of my favorite short lived experiences.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #12
cool_boy_mew

I got the game in the Potato Pack (and got all potatoes) so I did this in 20 mins, the game isn't too hard and I loved playing it again and even finally went to get all A+.

However these events attracts a lots of potiential new buyers and having to do it in one sitting would be frustrating for new players.

Also having to reset the game isn't cool I guess, I personally didn't care, but some people probably cares about their high scores.

Well, keep the good work Dejobaan, love your games.
cool_boy_mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #13
Tyraa Rane

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_boy_mew View Post

However these events attracts a lots of potiential new buyers and having to do it in one sitting would be frustrating for new players.
First time playing the game here, and I got the achievement in 107 minutes. Which is respectable, IMHO, but I think does some disservice to the game. In the process of getting this achievement, I played through all the levels + got 7 other achievements.

Beyond the last three achievements in the game I have to unlock, I feel like there's nothing left to do in the game anymore. That feels more than a little disappointing, seeing as how I just got the game today.

So: I love your games, Dejobaan, and would have picked this one up no matter what--but I feel like it's going to get a lot less playtime than AaAaAA!!! overall because my OCD ticket hunting made me rush through the entire game. Darth's suggestion of summer themed items is a great suggestion for next time.
Tyraa Rane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #14
TheLastJedi

I can't do it, Only 100 out of 1'000 player's can get this, This was a really bad idea,

Sorry to say but.... Out of all the achivements....You had to pick the hardest one,

You couldn't have picked Wonderful 25'00? Or at least Wonderful Demi-Six?

Great...Now i'm off by one ticket because of this,

Hope this doesn't come back and bite me in the .
TheLastJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #15
japanimater

I loved this game mainly because of how similar to Katamari Damacy it was but haven't gone after this ticket yet. I think the achievement should probably be changed so that those who already did it would have done it anyways and get the new achievement but makes it easier for new players to get it without feeling overwhelmed.

My suggestion might be to change the achievement to the "Wonderful Grandmaster-Obtain 12 A+ grades". I know that the current Bladder achievement is possible by a majority of gamers, but doing it during a limited time event that has 6-9 new tickets uploaded every day is a bit much.
japanimater is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wonderful End of the World, The