Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Recettear

Old 07-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
Paradox Jast

Chantelise coming July 29th

There is a demo already too.

I have to wait a few more days to buy it? Darn.

http://www.carpefulgur.com/chantelise/
Old 07-23-2011, 06:36 AM   #2
tech7

Ah, you beat me to it

For completion, here is the link to the original announcement. It contains a lot of stuff about the translation of Recettear, I haven't read it yet, but it sounds interessting.

http://www.carpefulgur.com/drakblog/?p=14
tech7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
backfire21

Yea I had this pop up on my rss feed yesterday. Pretty much just out of the blue. I mean their marketing for this is pretty much non-existent. I mean, the way they even announced it was low-key.

Quote:
We have made a small addition to the site. People may or may not find it of interest. We're such bad judges of interest when it comes to this sort of thing, you see.
I spread the news around the forums I frequent, but I haven't heard about this anywhere but here and their own site.

That aside, played the demo and found it really fun. Lookin forward to it's release next week.
backfire21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:42 PM   #4
asiaclonk

What about the steamworks update for Recettear? :<
asiaclonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:21 AM   #5
TParis

Chantelise at GamersGate for 7.19 € (preorder) without DRM: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CHANTE/...of-two-sisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiaclonk View Post
What about the steamworks update for Recettear? :<
Carpe Fulgur replied to this question via email to me that they might have an answer to that question late in the year as it depends on EasyGameStation.
TParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #6
Vector_Matt

Game runs too fast? Try this.

If the game is running too fast for anyone else, try setting it to only use a single core.
(task manager -> right-click "chantelise.exe" -> Set affinity -> deselect all but one.)

Hopefully this will be fixed in the full version.
Vector_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:44 AM   #7
tech7

And at the moment EasyGameStation is quite busy with Territoire. My guess would be if a game from CarpeFulgure receives Steamworks features, it would be Territoire first, since it is still in developement and it would be easier for EGS to prepare the software so that it is easier to add those features. Chantelise, I doubt it, while it looks to be a nice game, it will likely not sell as many copies as Recettear since it is older and not so innovative (UI will still preorder it as soon as possible).

But, if Recettear continues to sell, the chance are, imo, good that EGS is willing to cooperate to include Steamworks features, afterall they made a bunch of money through the release (Of course if they evere release Territoire ).
Old 07-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #8
BDtetra

I hope this one will be $10 on release at most for steam... Recettear was $20, so I'm a bit worried
BDtetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
tech7

Carpe Fulgur already said that it will be cheaper, afterall Chantelise is older than Recettear and less polished.

Chantelise costs 8,99 $ on Gamersgate (7,19 €), but they have a preorder bonus, so the normal price is 10$ (8 €). I'm pretty sure that the price will be the same on Steam, it was so for Recettear and it would make no sense to alienate Steam users. However, instead of preorder 10 % it will go on sale for 10% on release

Quote from the official forum
Quote:
The way the Steam sale is going to work is that, instead of pre-orders, the game will go on sale on July 29th and then be 10% off for an entire week, until August 5th.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #10
Vector_Matt

Talking It's here!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70420

No option to actually purchase it (at the time of posting). But there should be one soon.

Edit: Also, there's no forum for it yet.

Last edited by Vector_Matt: 07-26-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Vector_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #11
Danieros

Just noticed today after I saw "Chantelise Trailer" down in the featured Steam videos. Judged by the still image it would be a JRPG, and eventually found everything out. I almost missed this release due to the lack of marketing. Will be purchasing on day one, I definitely support what Carpe Fulgur is doing (also purchased Recettear on day one).
Danieros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #12
MyNameIsViolet

Played the demo of it last night. It's pretty much a 3D (with 2D sprites as the characters) hack 'n slash RPG. Similar to the dungeon crawling in Recettear. Pretty much all of the enemies and items I came across so far are exactly the same as you'll find in Recettear (Souvenir Charm, Focus Staff, those blue and green slimes and the floating eyes that shoot those beams at you [they killed me in the demo lol] etc).

The camera is a bit too close to the main character for my tastes (games with super close cameras, such as this and Dead Space, give me motion sickness after a bit of playing time so I can't play them for long durations), but it's fun despite that.

Definitely buying it at launch, though I'm more looking forward to their third game, Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone, late this year =x
MyNameIsViolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:34 PM   #13
BDtetra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsViolet View Post
Definitely buying it at launch, though I'm more looking forward to their third game, Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone, late this year =x
Yeah that one looks better. This one I'm buying, but probably not going to put much time into it since the actions are kind of repetitive (kill all enemies on the screen opens a route)
BDtetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:55 AM   #14
tech7

Yeah Fortune Summoners and Territorie look more interesting, but I'm still glad that Chantelise also got an english release, since it seems to be a nice game.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #15
Donners

I absolutely adore Recettear, but this doesn't grab me for some reason.

I'd much rather that mega-patch which they hinted at for Recettear.
Donners is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Recettear