Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Old 09-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
SweatyGremlinz

Banned
Iron Sights

any way to stop the iron sights from being a toggle button?

i like having to hold a button down and release it when i am done, like the sprint button
Old 09-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
Drimage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweatyGremlinz View Post
any way to stop the iron sights from being a toggle button?

i like having to hold a button down and release it when i am done, like the sprint button
I think there's a temp fix but I need to find the thread. Aside from that, the devs have acknowledged it so it's on the long list of quick and easy additions they can get out once the major issues are squashed.
Drimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
Lancars

I want this to i HATE toggle i want Spring controls.
Lancars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #4
Amun

I'm sure you can edit the ini files so it's no longer a toggle action.
Amun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
ChocoBalls

Banned
The devs need to give us the ability to toggle/hold sprint, crouch, and ironsights. I don't know why they didn't include these options in the setup menu.
ChocoBalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #6
ericroslin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoBalls View Post
The devs need to give us the ability to toggle/hold sprint, crouch, and ironsights. I don't know why they didn't include these options in the setup menu.
Agreed, they just didn't listen I guess.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #7
Monkeydrummer

This works, but it bugs out and gets stuck in iron sights. The only way I have been able to fix it after it sticks is to sprint.
Monkeydrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #8
wazups 2x

If you go to Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config and open the ROInput.ini file, look for the [ROGame.ROPlayerInput] section.

Replace:
"Bindings=(Name="Ironsights",Command=" Ironsights | onrelease Toss",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl= False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)"

With:
"Bindings=(Name="Ironsights",Command=" Ironsights | onrelease Ironsights",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl= False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)"

Save the file and you will now have to hold your Ironsights button to ADS. There is only one single word you must replace to do this. If somehow you botch the edit and need to fix things, delete the ROInput.ini file and launch the game; this will create a new ROInput.ini file for you, but you will lose your configurations and need to complete them again.
wazups 2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:29 PM   #9
WiegrafDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazups 2x View Post
If you go to Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config and open the ROInput.ini file, look for the [ROGame.ROPlayerInput] section.

Replace:
"Bindings=(Name="Ironsights",Command=" Ironsights | onrelease Toss",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl= False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)"

With:
"Bindings=(Name="Ironsights",Command=" Ironsights | onrelease Ironsights",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl= False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)"

Save the file and you will now have to hold your Ironsights button to ADS. There is only one single word you must replace to do this. If somehow you botch the edit and need to fix things, delete the ROInput.ini file and launch the game; this will create a new ROInput.ini file for you, but you will lose your configurations and need to complete them again.
Thanks, I was looking for something like that
WiegrafDX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad