Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Size Five Games

Old 09-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
DM36

SE update has made my mouse curser go nuts

Game played fine before. Not sure what these "Windows 7 problems" were they mentioned in the update as being fixed, but it played fine on my Windows 7 system.

Now when I go to play, my mouse cursor slowly chugs across the screen, skipping and moving slowly. Not sure what would be causing this.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
danthat

Hm, sorry to hear that. Are you using Win7-64 bit by any chance?

Have a tinker with the config options - right click the game in your library and select 'configure BTDT'.

You might find 'smooth scaled sprites' and 'Downgrade to 16 bit' fix it. Failing that, try Advanced and upping the maximum size

d
danthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:02 AM   #3
terranq

Three years and this problem hasn't been resolved?

I'm running windows 7 64, and BTDT is unplayable. I've tried all the fixes you've posted on this forum, downloaded the "fixed version", tried pretty much every variation possible in the config, and the result is exactly the same. The mouse (when it appears) is unresponsive. When I left click, the mouse will jump to where I left clicked. Sometimes, it will jerkingly move slowly across the screen for a couple seconds, but that's rare.

This isn't an isolated incident, and my pc is more than powerful enough to run this game. Please solve this issue.

Thanks.
terranq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
terranq

FYI, for anyone having this issue, if you use xpadder and a 360 controller, this issue disappears. It seems to be some issue with reading the mouse input somehow?
terranq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #5
danthat

Thanks for the advice, I'll add that to the list of potential problems. I did everything I could to resolve the issue, but unfortunately it looks like an issue with the engine (AGS) which I'm sadly not in a position to fix. I got it working on most Win 7 64 machines, but it seems there are still a few conflicts out there...
Old 07-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
tharko

Try the "enhance pointer precision" property in "mouse settings." It should be off.

Worked for me.
tharko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #7
mantisghost

have that mouse bug too make game not playable
mantisghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:31 AM   #8
danthat

Grr, sorry to hear that. Have you tried the fixes listed above?
Old 07-14-2012, 05:27 AM   #9
mantisghost

yes nothing worked, also that color depth incompatibility is really nasty and annoying. I mean when you save game in other color depth and then switch it you cant load the savegame

Last edited by mantisghost: 07-14-2012 at 05:29 AM.
mantisghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Size Five Games