--EUTHANASIA--

Banned
AI Overload Mod/Gamefix 1/5 ALPHA by [EUTHANASIA]

VIDEO :
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlg...-95_videogames

THIS IS THE OLD RELEASE GUYS, CHECK OUT THE BETA VERSION HERE :
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2158523

[Preface]
This is a overall gamefix/improvement to the existing AI of Dead Island. It's not overpowered by any mean's and meant to replace the default combat AI of enemies and NPC's of Dead Island. It will however, be vastly different when it comes to zombies/infected and human combat. Some thing's may stick out as very different, and other's are small but improve overall gameplay. Here are some big thing's that will make a first impression :
*Zombies will now use attractors much more effectively. Meaning you may pass a horde of zombies munching on a body, and they may choose to keep eating a easy meal instead of fighting you for a hard one. One or two of three may rise and attack you. One may rise and taunt, signaling nearby infected to rush you, two may rise and head to the next attractor (body/sounds/disturbances/ect) while one attacks you. It can become dynamic if you sit back and watch them. Much less predictable. Zombies may even pay you no attention until your focused on something else, electing to rise and attack you when your not looking. Bosses now may also call nearby inactive zombies to their aid.
+Bosses have been totally redone. They now are suceptable to fall down if hit with enough force or enough overall damage. They may lose limbs. The power they possess is now true of a boss, they will leave marks. They move dynamically, no more boring scripted fights. They have a nasty habit of calling infected and passive zombies to help now.
These are just a couple of changes, really a lot has been done overall. I tried to bug test this as best as possible myself before releasing it, but with wanting to get other areas done I'm going to go ahead and release it. Please do help bug test it in depthly. This is part 1 of 5 to make an unofficial gameplay patch to return the vanilla game back to it's proper fun and working level. It is by no mean's overpowered, however do beware that combat is much more dynamic now, and may seem harder due to unscripted thing's happening, and a much more diverse combat sequence. Enjoy and let me know any problems you guys find.

Due to a lot of problem's with .exe files and people not feeling comfortable with them, I have elected to get rid of my self installers for this release and instead it will be a winrar self ectracting archive. Just point it to your "Dead Island" folder and it will do the rest.

[CHANGELOG] 2.0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***General Changes***
-Enemy Max and Min distance to run at player has changed. Can run further after you, or shorter toward you.
-Time between enemy berserker modes has decreased, while zombie max time in berserker mode has increased.
-Max number of enemies that can attack the player has been increased dramatically, also more enemies will now be able to rush you at once, as well as more berserker enemies allowed at one time.
-Enemy rushes now come from different speeds, different angles and at different distance's per baddie type. (Realistic, a wounded zombie can't run at you as far as a normal one)
-Enemy rushes will feature endurance runner's and increased speed's! (Don't expect them to tire out easily XD, Stamina has a much less dramatic effect on zombies)
-It is now much more accurate when bitten by zombies, there angle for attack has decreased repairing the bitten affect every 2 seconds.
-Enemy level increased. Regular vanilla campaign had level 30 zombies by act4b, replaced now with new scaling per level dynamically, to reach level 49 by act4b.
-Enemies will now counter kick's quite often.
-Reaction time to a enemies grapple now reduced.
-Enemies will now throw weapons quite often if player is within range.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***Zombie/Infected Changes***
-Zombies tend to react to kick's, much more often.
-Zombie clench attack timer now has exactly half the reaction time window to keep from being bitten.
-Confusion probability and Death slo-mo affect's have been doubled, giving much more bullet time affect more often.
-Zombies will now attempt (albeit slowly) to dodge attack's, and in conjunction will more often initiate combo's against the player.
-Zombies have become much more susceptable to smart play. Leg's, arms and head will all now be affected by damage much more effectively, however body attack's and rear attack's will show much less effect.
-Zombie health increased!
-Zombie max level increased to 51 to accomodate new leveling structure.
-LargerSmaller Zombies are now roaming around Banoi Island!
-Zombies now will react to being run over by the player, if not killed.
-Zombies can't swim very well, and as a result, now have additional weakness to water.
-Zombies will now expend more stamina loss by using attack's, in conjunction to losing more stamina when attacked in vital area's of their body.
-Zombies are now much more affected (overall health related) by various part's of thier body that are weak to attack, in conjunction defense's have bolstered in strong areas.
-Zombies, as part of the undead family of baddies, will regenerate if left unfinished.
-Zombies now have a tendency to taunt the player, moreso if they pick a new target!
-Headshot's against Zombies, while dramatically raise damage, now also apply more realistic force.
-Zombies will now find way's to find the player if blocked, much quicker and effeciently.
-Minimum time for reaction's lessened, they will react much faster.
-Zombies, not being the smartest tool's in the shed, will now invariably fall over small object's and terrain if led into them. As such, they also now will fall off cliffs.
-Zombies now can kick back! They also retain some knowledge of their former lives, granting them the ability to infrequently use finishers!
-More zombies can attack the player at once! Beware.
-From years and years of constant eradication by various hero's and random sharp object's, zombies have a accrued a inherit resistance to sharp objects, and thus become headless less often.
-Zombies will now use door's frequently to come get to you!
-Large type zombies can now defend themselves.
-Some Zombies will elect to take a easy meal over a hard one, now some enemies will feast on corpses laying about and not pay attention to the player until provoked.
-Not being the most intelligent of enemies, zombies are mostly attracted to the smell of blood nearby, some will have no interest in the player unless damaged.
-Grumpy zombies will not achieve happiness unless chasing you, jumping and even now
climbing to get you. Beware, some even elect to jump down after you from ledges.
-Level differences between player and zombie now have larger rewards for fighting higher level enemies, and lower rewards for fighting lower level enemies.
-Damage output of enemies lower level will decrease, while higher level enemies now will have and increased damage output on the player.
-Zombie dynamic pathing has varied. Now they will wander further, in much less predictable angles, and will be difficult to predict.

***Boss Changes***
-Bosses will now counter your combo's.
-Bosses can now actually counter attack SamB's rush attempt's and gentle push.
-Boss bite damage substantially increased, don't get bitten, it hurts.
-Bosses now are elegible to ram, go into berserk mode, and grab.
-Removed inability to decapitate and break boss bones. There is now a very slight chance of decapitation and slightly higher bone break chance.
-You will alway's get a reaction from kicking a boss now.
-Boss health substantially increased. Fight's will be an ordeal, however not overly stimulating.
-Size of bosses increased.
-Boss death slow-motion animation should now show 100% of the time after a boss battle.
-Size of bosses in general has been increased.
-No more sluggish boss fight's of run, slap, repeat. Now it will take versatility to overcome the monsters.
***Human Changes***
-Humans can now kick back.
-Humans are now also susceptable to falling from edges if careless, and tripping over objects in their path.
-Human's, being much more intelligent than the recent undead, can now defend themselves, literally.
-Critical and non-critical shot's to a human adversaries head area now will score twice the affect they used to.
-Humans will now actively search, by using door's, dynamic path's to get at the player. They also more frequently use cover, and in much more varied times.
-Humans will now frequently melee counter attack the player if engaged in a fight.
-Increased human health.
-Humans will now attack from a distance, and when out of ammo (for rifle/snipers/pistol users), will switch to melee correctly, and zomtimes fling thier weapons.
-Added ambient dialog to human's. Non hostile npc's will now have conversation's, interact with each other, and the enviroment. Hostile npc's will have dialog's pertaining to location of player and combat related and interact with potential weapons around them and enviroment.
-Humans are much more versatile than infected and Zombies. As such, they are more susceptable to drowning damage, while also they will have raised chances to counter player moves and reaction times.
-Humans will now wander if left unattended (following NPC's), and ai can use door's while wandering around.
-Pathing improvement's for NPC's that are following the player.
-Ryder White has been given a substantial upgrade.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE : You can now find notes in the vessel_data.scr and infected data file. This is for anyone wanting to tweak there own, and should help guide some people wanting to create there own zombies and infected for their game. Just open it with notepad and scroll the the latter half^^
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DOWNLOAD LINKS

(Winrar Self Extracting Archive) - (Point it to Dead Island Folder)

Megaupload : (168.29kb's)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E1373ILD

Mediafire : (168.29kb's)
http://www.mediafire.com/?1a31guty91zfey5

(Full Installer) - (Point it to Dead Island Folder)

Megaupload : (943.85kb's)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4AUKCLX4

Mediafire : (943.85kb's)
http://www.mediafire.com/?c2x05c0g09u4kef

Last edited by --EUTHANASIA--: 10-07-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
Ghost101

Interesting mod idea, I look forward to trying it out!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #3
Maxunit

Some of those changes sound to good to be true...suspicious Maxunit is suspicious
Maxunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
Maxunit

Some of those changes are really there. It is 3:43 am here right now (Germany). Will check out the modified files more after some sleep
Maxunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
peppergomez

I REALLY like the idea of varied zombie behavior, which has me very interested in this mod. Because i also run the community mod pack, i want to make sure that this doesnt conflict and that this mod doesnt change any player atributes, the hud, or any graphics settings, etc. I have many of these set like i want right now. Thanks.

Ps- would you say that this mod is in a raw or untested state? Not meaning any offense here, but i would rather wait to install a later version if it has been playtested and any bugs ironed out.

Thanks!

Last edited by peppergomez: 10-03-2011 at 08:08 PM.
peppergomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:35 PM   #6
--EUTHANASIA--

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppergomez View Post
I REALLY like the idea of varied zombie behavior, which has me very interested in this mod. Because i also run the community mod pack, i want to make sure that this doesnt conflict and that this mod doesnt change any player atributes, the hud, or any graphics settings, etc. I have many of these set like i want right now. Thanks.

Ps- would you say that this mod is in a raw or untested state? Not meaning any offense here, but i would rather wait to install a later version if it has been playtested and any bugs ironed out.

Thanks!
It shouldn't, you should be perfectly fine to tweak all those element's how you want and still have this working 100%. So far I've bug tested this myself for a few hours and it did just fine, however I'm going to need some help and hopefully the community that try it out can help me find what bug's persist with it, for a Beta and then final release of it. This will be part 1, of 5 total mods that will work together, of a unofficial dead island patch. The end goal being a 100% bug free Dead Island with much more refined and clean game play polish.

Last edited by --EUTHANASIA--: 10-03-2011 at 08:57 PM.
--EUTHANASIA-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #7
BC2 Cypher

This looks great!
BC2 Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #8
peppergomez

Thanks. I will give it a try.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:08 AM   #9
scream6902

I prefer your installers, could you make both if its not too much trouble? =P
scream6902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #10
--EUTHANASIA--

Banned
Sure, I'll try to get a link up for a installer today^^
Old 10-04-2011, 01:41 PM   #11
--EUTHANASIA--

Banned
Installer link up ^^
Old 10-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #12
scream6902

Haven't had too much time to spend testing this yet. First zombie I encountered just stood there and let me beat on her. Not sure how I feel about zombies ignoring me either, kind of makes it a little too easy, no?

Was in a fight, with 2 zombies attacking me and 3 others on the floor chowing down. You can just go over and attack one while the others continue eating. It's just like a free / easy kills.

Last edited by scream6902: 10-04-2011 at 02:13 PM.
scream6902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #13
Greenpakto

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by scream6902 View Post
Haven't had too much time to spend testing this yet. First zombie I encountered just stood there and let me beat on her. Not sure how I feel about zombies ignoring me either, kind of makes it a little too easy, no?

Was in a fight, with 2 zombies attacking me and 3 others on the floor chowing down. You can just go over and attack one while the others continue eating. It's just like a free / easy kills.
I also had same issues as you.
I would suggest to the mod creator, to maybe trigger aggro of all close-surrounding enemies IF you attack a zombie.
BUT if a zombie attacks while you ignore him the other ones should not go AGGRO (only if you attack back).
So that would still allow some zombies to ignore you, unless you attack them which would cause all surrounding enemies to become aggressive.
Greenpakto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #14
--EUTHANASIA--

Banned
Ah, crud

Is anyone having trouble with the boss zombies just sitting idle?

Just checked the release and it may very well be a oops on my part, some of the zombies are supposed to sit idle, that is part of the mod, however the bosses sure arent >.<. Let me know, I'll upload the fixed version if that's the case. Doh
Old 10-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #15
peppergomez

Agree with suggestins above that once you trigger violence, it makes sense for all the nearby zombies to go aggro.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Island