Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist

Old 10-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
wdcr0ck

Question PAYDAY - Bugs, Feedback, Tweaks and Patch Ideas?

Howdy Forum,

Now that we have the game and can kick it around a bit, it's time to document the bugs we find, tweaks we need, and stuff that we think Overkill should patch.

Post your ideas to the thread, please, and I'll add them here.

Bug, Tweaks, and Patch Requests
  1. FIXEDLack of Advanced Video Settings - FSAA/CSAA/vsync/details
  2. FIXEDAbility to mute another player
  3. Xbox360 gamepad support
  4. FIXED - logitech rumble pad2 issues, keyboard slimstar 320 issues
  5. Ammo and Doctor bags on Player Models.
  6. Mouse look/aim down sight sensitivity is 1:1
  7. FIXEDoption to toggle crouch
  8. game change my refreshrate to 59Hz ?
  9. FIXED - Issues with G-13 - workaround is to disconnect G13 and reboot PC. One user also reported disconnecting G13 and killing any G13-related apps then game would start.
  10. Mouse lag -- reported as "lurchy despite different sensitivity settings". Possibly related to mouse smoothing
  11. FIXED - Random crashes to desktop -- possibly related to gamepad/joysticks being connected to the PC. Temp fix is to disconnect them and restart PC.
  12. FIXEDNeed a pause button -- press ESC should pause the game.
  13. FIXED - PS3 prompt found in game --
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/61...7B70D4141C918/
  14. FIXEDNot all keys can be mapped/remapped - User wants to replace WASD with the arrow keys but was unable remap the left/right arrow. They are mapped to change weapons. Once the change weapons keys are mapped to something else, like mousewheel, user can map left/right movement to left/right arrow keys.
  15. FIXEDUnable to start game using Steam - Have to navigate to game folder and launch EXE directly. Might also require Administrator privileges. Overkill is aware of the issue.
  16. FIXEDGame needs an "easy" setting - some users are finding the normal difficulty level a bit challenging.
  17. FIXEDUnable to start game. Gets to "loading" then crashes to desktop
  18. FIXEDAI refuses to escape from the first bank. They stay in the bank shooting at police.
  19. Unable to remap ENTER key - Known issue. From Overkill, "We are looking into this guys, but for now you cannot remap ENTER, TAB, ESC and probably some other ones, we will keep you updated"
  20. Can we remap / or \ keys?
  21. What is the default FOV? Can it be changed?
  22. No ability to lean or peek around corners?
  23. FIXED ( DROP IN ) Request for dedicated server support - Overkill is reported to be working on something even better than dedicated server support. No other details available right now.
  24. FIXEDRequest for iron sight toggle key - need the ability to toggle between normal and iron sight.
  25. Is there a console in the game we can access to manually change game settings?
  26. Can we have a votekick option for multiplayer?
  27. Request ability to see actual Player names/nicks in MP instead of just game nicknames
  28. FIXEDCan we join games already in session?
  29. FIXEDset a minimum Reputation cap.
  30. FIXEDRequest for an option to "hold to crouch" v/s "toggle to crouch"
  31. BUG: In the bank heist, after placing the drill your gun clips through the drills interface.
    When being tazed, the gun never stops firing/fires over ammo capacity.[/B]
  32. BUG: When coming out of being tazed, the gun has the same amount of bullets as it did when you were first shocked (fairly sure that isn't intentional, Overkill staff can confirm or deny this).

Patch Info

Overkill released their first patch on 10/21. Details:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2191958

Demo availability

So far, we've only seen a demo for PS3. Nothing about a PC demo yet.

Multi-Monitor/Eyefinity Support?

PAYDAY does not support multi-monitors or Eyefinity. However, at least two people have run PAYDAY with multiple monitors and say it works great. So, officially unsupported but should work.

Sound Issues

1) Ventrilo/teamspeak and volume - Some background about the issue and a fix:
First off the fact that ventrilo/teamspeak are being lowered in volume when running the game isn't a problem with the game itself, it's a feature of windows called 'ducking'. What ducking does is lower the volume of things when you're in communication based programs (because the game keeps the mic open all the time, ducking kicks in and lowers the volume of everything else). I can only speak for Windows 7 here, but if you right click on the little speaker icon next to the clock (bottom right corner on your desktop) you can choose 'playback devices' and then go to the 'communications' tab and set it to 'do nothing'. This will disable ducking and stop the game lowering the volume of other programs.
Courtesy of WskOsc
2) Lack of push-to-talk capability -- press "T" to chat? What else is needed?

What DLC is planned?

From Overkill:
Hi our Level and Art team is working hard on the DLC since a while now:
Wihtout giving the exact content away here is short yes no to your question:

Will DLC include:
-More heists and levels? YES
-More equipment? YES
-More Characters/Skins YES
-More Skill Trees/Skills YES
-Estimated price range? Not decided yet.

Last edited by Overkill_Ilija: 01-19-2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added mouse lag / random crashes / pause button
Old 10-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
Schmeng

the mouse lag

i don't know if it's from forcing fps or it's some v-sync thing ; but i've tried with different sensitivity settings and it remains lurchy as hell - makes the game and aiming unplayable.
Schmeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
GotlVlilk

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeng View Post
the mouse lag

i don't know if it's from forcing fps or it's some v-sync thing ; but i've tried with different sensitivity settings and it remains lurchy as hell - makes the game and aiming unplayable.
Same problem here . . . if it was not for that everything would be fine. I think they got v-sync enabled and other stuff like shadows on high which usually makes me lag the same way I am now.
GotlVlilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
lustouski

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotlVlilk View Post
Same problem here . . . if it was not for that everything would be fine. I think they got v-sync enabled and other stuff like shadows on high which usually makes me lag the same way I am now.
I'd say this should take priority. I have no idea what the issue is, but it can end up being a huge issue while playing.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #5
Soziele

Banned
Quote:
the mouse lag

See now my aiming has been butter smooth. I think this is a result of host lag.

EDIT: Unless you're referring to a single player match, in which case idk
Soziele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #6
overkill_bo

OVERKILL Software
Quote:
the mouse lag

Please try to lower your resolution a bit. Should help.
overkill_bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #7
paischu

Quote:
the mouse lag

Force V-Sync off through your drivers.
paischu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:43 AM   #8
MattGo74

Yeah the mouse control sucks.
MattGo74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #9
azpk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGo74 View Post
i so agree with u the only 2 things that i really care about is the aiming and the advance graphics if they could just patch them like now i could actually play without spraying or "random tactical fire" for those people who are concerned
azpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #10
wdcr0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpk View Post
i so agree with u the only 2 things that i really care about is the aiming and the advance graphics if they could just patch them like now i could actually play without spraying or "random tactical fire" for those people who are concerned
Patch is on the way. Hang in there. We've only had the game for a little over 24hrs now. A patch is in the works. We don't have a release date yet.
wdcr0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #11
azpk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdcr0ck View Post
Patch is on the way. Hang in there. We've only had the game for a little over 24hrs now. A patch is in the works. We don't have a release date yet.
the game makes me want to kill cops and only kill cops and with that patch it will let me kill tazers faster and kill bulldozers easyer and make my clown face look sexyer
azpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #12
aHellboundHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGo74 View Post
I agree with this, the mouse still "feels off" I don't know how to explain it really, but it's just not fluid enough. Scroll wheel to cycled weapons would help too.
aHellboundHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #13
xerrolavengerii

Quote:
Originally Posted by aHellboundHeart View Post
I agree with this, the mouse still "feels off" I don't know how to explain it really, but it's just not fluid enough. Scroll wheel to cycled weapons would help too.
Might that have something to do with the fact that weapons will lean right and left when your aiming down the sight? There is no other first person shooter game that does it this bad... Try it, AIM DOWN YOUR SIGHT, and then TURN LEFT RIGHT REALLY FAST... your barrel wiggles like an excited puppy... and excited puppies don't make effective weapons...
xerrolavengerii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #14
maneaterhp

Banned
How about in single player when you press escape it pauses the game.
maneaterhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:45 AM   #15
MattGo74

Quote:
Originally Posted by maneaterhp View Post
How about in single player when you press escape it pauses the game.
Yeah, that too. Sometimes you have to go to the bathroom, answer the phone, etc.
MattGo74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PAYDAY The Heist