Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Island

Old 10-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
Darunia

Thumbs up Fix Equip Delay [RELEASE]

Fix Swap/Equip Delay

I'm aware DeadIslandHelper has this feature, but their settings make it like 3X longer than it needs to be and it's just way too slow.
This simple mod gives it the proper speed.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2f5x810h45wvz0z

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Go to the DeadIsland Documents folder located here:
C:\*\Documents\DeadIsland\out\Data
2. Inside the "out" folder, open the "Data" folder or create a "Data" folder if you don't have one.
3. Copy "inputs.scr" from the DOWNLOAD and Paste it into the "Data" folder.
4. Start Dead Island and Play.

FEATURES:
- Perfect fixed swap/equip delay.

CREDITS:
Brian of Dead-Island.com
Darunia of Steam Forums
Steam: STOP MESSAGING ME

Last edited by Darunia: 06-13-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:33 AM   #2
911rusty

Thumbs up

Ive just been testing this fix and it WORK'S yep it really WORK'S. OK just a quick run through the bit where its says (Inside the "out" folder, open the "Data" folder or create a "Data" folder if you don't have one.) OK so i didn't have a DATA folder in my "out" folder so i created one then created another "data folder inside that one, i then Copyed "inputs.scr" from the DOWNLOAD and Paste it into the "Data" folder following Darunia instructions and started the game. I did find that i had to just take a moment to reset my keyboard keys to how i like it but that took no time at all.
To be honest i was a little apprehensive about this fix but guys i tell you i wasn't disappointed! when you now pick up the alcohol if you have it in your "Quick" inventory it will go into there and not into your hand wher most times you ended up drinking it or loosing your weapon you had inyour hand. But now after the fix if you have it in the "Main inventory it goes striate into there instead of drinking it.
Ow the other thing is with the fix when you pick up the alcohol you don't loose the weapon in your hand, and when you Boomerang you get that weapon as it should comes back in your hand.
Also when you throw a knife at a zombie and he dies you can pick up the weapon it doesn't disappear.

This really is an AWESOME fix, with the new fix its just like playing before the update, thanks to Brian of Dead-Island.com Darunia of Steam Forums Steam:sirbrian and not forgetting Darunia who for all his help with the fix also, and posting it here, guys your help and time is very much appreciated, now you can play any character and get back to enjoying this awesome game!
911rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
Darunia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911rusty View Post
Ive just been testing this fix and it WORK'S yep it really WORK'S. OK just a quick run through the bit where its says (Inside the "out" folder, open the "Data" folder or create a "Data" folder if you don't have one.) OK so i didn't have a DATA folder in my "out" folder so i created one then created another "data folder inside that one, i then Copyed "inputs.scr" from the DOWNLOAD and Paste it into the "Data" folder following Darunia instructions and started the game. I did find that i had to just take a moment to reset my keyboard keys to how i like it but that took no time at all.
To be honest i was a little apprehensive about this fix but guys i tell you i wasn't disappointed! when you now pick up the alcohol if you have it in your "Quick" inventory it will go into there and not into your hand wher most times you ended up drinking it or loosing your weapon you had inyour hand. But now after the fix if you have it in the "Main inventory it goes striate into there instead of drinking it.
Ow the other thing is with the fix when you pick up the alcohol you don't loose the weapon in your hand, and when you Boomerang you get that weapon as it should comes back in your hand.
Also when you throw a knife at a zombie and he dies you can pick up the weapon it doesn't disappear.

This really is an AWESOME fix, with the new fix its just like playing before the update, thanks to Brian of Dead-Island.com Darunia of Steam Forums Steam:sirbrian and not forgetting Darunia who for all his help with the fix also, and posting it here, guys your help and time is very much appreciated, now you can play any character and get back to enjoying this awesome game!
I'm glad you enjoyed it
Darunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:52 AM   #4
Bitter Aspect

Banned
Sorry, what is equip delay exactly?
Bitter Aspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
cucu

Pasted into my Data folder like normal. All binds erased - which I'm fine with, but I can't rebind any keys in the options. All bindings are removed and blank without a way to rebind them (in-game at least).

Ideas?
cucu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
sereaI

my guess would be that some files are write protected.. check your "out" folder if the write protected checkbox is gray-checked and if it is.. uncheck completely.
sereaI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:25 AM   #7
elektroda

I really like this fix but I have problems using latest game patch.
Sometimes I loose my weapon when I collect like rag from trash, I'm unable to switch weapon (it's vanished) until I go to my inventory and unequip something and then equip again to get it working. It's quite annoying and happens randomly, can't get it really?
Anyone experiencing same thing? Possible solution?

EDIT: I was able to check this little bit more that this happens when holding grenade or molotov while collecting items from closets, garbage cans or closets?

Last edited by elektroda: 10-26-2011 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Update
elektroda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
Darunia

That happens because of the update, there's no grabbing animation now so it glitches when you try to pick up a ton of things or try to do 2 things at once. It's not because of this though.
Darunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:12 AM   #9
IntelliMoo

For me this actually kills swap altogether, no matter what the delay is set to in the file. Which is fine, not being able to swap anymore is still better than equipping alcohol every time. lol
IntelliMoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Island