Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection

Old 10-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
MarkcusD

General Question

Is this game similar to Civ? Like Civ in space?
Old 10-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
devorules

basically, except when you get into a fight you get five minutes (you can set battle timer but 5 is deault) to fight in real time with whoever occupies the same space. i would say if you like civ you will like this game, just wait til its patched up because right now its unplayable.
devorules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
Connacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by devorules View Post
basically, except when you get into a fight you get five minutes (you can set battle timer but 5 is deault) to fight in real time with whoever occupies the same space. i would say if you like civ you will like this game, just wait til its patched up because right now its unplayable.
Whoa whoa whoa, this game has very little in common with the civilization series except for the most basic elements.

Markcus, Sword of the Stars 2 is a 4X space game. If you aren't familiar with that genre, you really should research it before purchasing this game.
Connacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:26 PM   #4
thegrinner

I'd say it's more similar to Galactic Civilizations 2 or the first two Master of Orion games - the genre is 4X (eXpand, eXplore, eXploit, eXterminate). It's similar to Civ in that the strategic mode is turn based, but the combat is real time and basically all the concepts are quite different.
thegrinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #5
Zloth

Kinda like Civilization in space. A little. It's a good bit more complex, though. I think the pre-order bonus is gone now so you might want to wait a few days and read some reviews for this game before buying.
Zloth is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection